When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAN 318 Beat error?

greekgod

Hello guys,

I bought a PAN318 from a very reputed seller here. I have received the QC pics. In one of the pics I see my watch attached to the oscilloscope reading a beat error of 0.5 sec. Can someone shed some light on thsi matter please. I need to get back to the seller soon about this. Thanks in advance

Hello guys,

I bought a PAN318 from a very reputed seller here. I have received the QC pics. In one of the pics I see my watch attached to the oscilloscope reading a beat error of 0.5 sec. Can someone shed some light on thsi matter please. I need to get back to the seller soon about this. Thanks in advance

Are you sure that is .5 seconds or milliseconds as a beat rate error is measured in milliseconds and .5 is not bad

0.5 ms is fine.

For good movements 0.6ms would be considered the maximum accepted but you are talking about fractions of seconds a day on the balance wheel adjustment.

The dealer most probably is showing you the performance with watch dial up. You probably will get more variation with movement of your arm and temperature than this beat error that the timing machine is showing