When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW Tudor 7032 Assembly...

mrboombasteke

So I had initially planned to send this off to get "professionally" installed, but after playing around with A7750s a bit, I figured I'd grow some balls and give this a shot...after all, it was merely a transplant. So here's what I started with:

1. DW 7032 case-set
  2. Vintage Watch with Valjoux 7734 for transplant
  3. YUKI hands (en route)

DONOR WATCH

dsc0802u.jpg

Caseback opened

dsc0808.jpg

Movement removed

dsc0809.jpg

Donor dial and hands removed

Now ready for 7032 caseset...TO BE CONTINUED

Not sure if I'll get a gen crystal yet, but here's my problem...I've got the new dial on the movement, but the stem from the transplant appears to be too fat for the DW crown. What stem do I need and where can I get it? I'll update this thread with pics of my progress, so other noobs like me can learn from my mistakes.

:pimp:

You need a 7734 stem tap 10 (0.9mm). Ofrei has them for about $7.

What I need is the case clamps and screws. My donor was held in via a magnetic cover and the case back :( Not sure what size the screw is. Gonna try Ofrei for these too. Stem I already confirmed with them.

you need some regular eta case clamps, I've took it from an asian 6497, but I had to bend it pretty much to get the movement fixed!

I don't know about the screw size though, took a few from some old movements, and tried them out

stem will fit 100%, bought the same from the bay...twice :bangin:

cutting them stem for a screw down spring loaded crown is harder than I thought

good luck :thumbsupsmileyanim:

0.9mm 7734 stem taps ordered.

So now on to the case clamps...surely, krpster and I aren't the only ones to install a Valjoux 7734 on a DW 7032.

I ordered the clamps and screws from Jules Borel. I ordered 2 in every size. You are going to have to stack 2 because the gap will be too big.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It is complete...well, minus the bracelet. A fully services valjoux 7734 movement with a 45m counter, yuki hands (min hand filed down), dw subdials with the black centers removed and polished (closer resemblance to gen) lumed by none other than the Zigmeister! It even has gen springbars as the rep ones are very poor quality. It's on it's way home, but I thought I'd share a pic.

Pics Compliments of The Zigmeister

1015267.jpg

1015268.jpg

Nice! Did you ever find out what screw and clamp size to use? My 7032 is still on the back burner.

No...I left that to The Zigmeister to figure out after the servicing. I really need to learn how to service a movement!

Well done, mrboom, and welcome to the club! :v:

...but you really want to top that off with a gen C128.

Yes, I know I know! I have gen 25-128 en route. :) I don't particularly want to shave the bezel, and I know it won't fit othersiwe so I'm kinda torn. Is shaving the crystal even an option or is that sacrilegious?

No...I left that to The Zigmeister to figure out after the servicing. I really need to learn how to service a movement!

Yes, I know I know! I have gen 25-128 en route. :) I don't particularly want to shave the bezel, and I know it won't fit othersiwe so I'm kinda torn. Is shaving the crystal even an option or is that sacrilegious?

DO NOT shave the crystal.

• 1 year later...