When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Somebody Slap Me - Lost Watch

I cannot imagine what I was thinking.

I think maybe I was suffering from residual alcohol. I sent my favorite PAM, an 028 with a gen Swiss 2892 to Vac w/o tracking and insurance about ten days ago.

We are just three hours away from each other. If I had it to do again (heard that before?) I'd have just driven it to him.

NEVER entrust anything valuable to the USPO.

That really hurts my heart! You cannot imagine . . . all my Rollies and this one PAM that I wear so much. They aren't available any more.

Bill

Hi William, you honestly should have known better not to insure w/ signature. I NEVER ship anything unless its insured and signed signature. I feel really bad about your loss!

Do it right next time and you will be ok ;) It's not USPS Bill!

MM

Bill, Glad to see you back again!

So sorry to hear that. I remember when you bought that one. In a sea of Rolexes I know you loved that watch.

well to keep your hoped alive ... i had a fully modded watch coming back from vac once that went missing. guess what? it showed up a month later. hopefully it will appear for you, but i understand your feeling.

Ditto both of the above. While I would not put any money on a happy ending, every once in awhile a minor miracle does happen.

Ditto both of the above. While I would not put any money on a happy ending, every once in awhile a minor miracle does happen.

I'd like to say I was drunk -- at least I would have some excuse for not spending a few dollars to insure something that cannot be replaced.

It looks like PAMs are bad for me. I had a 063 GMT with a gen Swiss 2893 in it and let someone talk me out of it, and then this . . . arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:black_eye:

Bill

Sorry for your loss Bill. Thankfully I have been lucky over the years but I have always insured everything I've ever sent through USPS figuring some fiendish sorter might be less likely to mess with it. I would not give up hope just yet as it could be laying on the mail room floor somewhere.

Hopefully this might make you feel better. I ordered a 7032 Caseset fro me DW - he sent it signed for from the UK. Our Parcelforce courier delivered it to another flat in my block and they signed for it. Online it says that I signed for it but the digital signature isn't mine, clearly. When I called them to ask where the he'll it was they got back to me to say the driver couldn't remember which flat it had gone to and because he'd written that I'd signed for it then they wouldn't be able to track it down. I left notices on doors around my block and never got a thing back. It even had my mobile number on the package so someone is being dishonest too.

Needless to say I had to buy another one. So there goes 2x $190.

Shows our UK service can be just as crap!!

I lost my virginity once, but then I got real smart and made all the girls put theirs on the line instead.... ;)

Sorry Bill just trying to lift your mood, I know it sucks.

Ken

Tis a lovely day in Paradise!

Vac reports that the PAM 028 w/2892 is safely with him. He promises that I shall soon be able to read the newspaper in the dark with it, and I can expect to be banned from theaters unless wearing long sleeves.

When it's done, I may have to drive over and pick it up!

"Oh happy day . . ."

Bill