When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lume And "puffy" Indices On Vintage Sub

Nanuq

Randy, Tony, Ziggy, Ludo et al... got a question.

I'm sending my 6536 to Ziggy to have the green lume crud taken off the dial and hands. That should reveal gold painted indices with a thin gold painted ring around each one.

After reviewing pics of Ziggy's work on the DRSD dial and his lume application, I wonder... are "puffy" lumed indices correct for my 6536 too? I'm thinking they're pretty flat right now.

I could ask Ziggy to do the same as he did on the DRSD dial he posted today, but is it correct for the model?

I couldn't care less if it glows... but I like the puffy look too. I can go either way.

Opinions?

just what i know is puffy doesnt bring the 20 grand price in a drsd, just a flat patina or even a slight yellowing is the ones that bring the big bucks, just to let you know , that is how i and most of my friends like it , puffy to me doesn't look very good, but some like a more aged look.

according to the price guide of vintage rolex sports models by martin skeet and nick yrul the low range watches have the puffy markers that were damaged by moisture and the sun and there for are less desirable. the mid and high range may have a slight discoloration but less ageing is more desirable and brings the big bucks.

for me personaly i like the slight yellowing and a patina look but not puffy. puffy looks damaged to me. once again this is a personal thing. i always go for the look that makes me happy so if were you i would go for the look that you like the best.

hope this helps