When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it possible to buy MBW parts separately?

Robaer

I need a new dial for a spare project I have. But I don't want to spend much on it so gen parts are out of the question.

I've read severalt times that the MBW white dials are quite ok for the money. But I have no idea which dealer I should turn to.

The only parts I have lying around at the moment is an extra MBW 5513 midcase, some crown tubes and perhaps a caseback somehere. I was thinking of maybe getting a cartel 5513 and using its bezel and also the caseback if I don't find my old MBW. Should it fit on the MBW midcase?

• 2 weeks later...

A good gen caseback is going to cost you as much as a gen dial or more. As far as i know, the MBW factory has been temp closed since last fall. I dont think its going to be very easy to find any new MBW parts

Thanks for your help and replys.

I don't plan on using a gen caseback, but I'm interested in how 'compliant' the cases really are.

I think it's usually better to keep the cost and number of gen parts as low as possible.

At least if good aftermarket alternatives are avaliable.

It's easy to get carried away and suddenly your rep cost close to a second hand gen.