When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quality of taiwan 116610LN vs 16610

Christiansjpark

1st, read the pinned articles here.

These 'What is the best....?' types of questions should be avoided because there is no best for everyone. Every rep has a set of flaws (there is no such thing as a perfect or 1:1 rep of a gen watch) & you, the buyer, needs to make the call as to which inaccuracies bother you the least & which you are willing to pay more for to mitigate. It is always best to research the gen model you are interested before searching (or posting questions) for reps. Go to your local AD (authorized dealer) & try the gen watch you are interested in on to see how it looks. Operate its functions -- wind it, set the time, change the date, operate the chronograph, etc) -- to get a feel for how the watch works & how the controls feel. Take special care to see/feel how the watch is finished, how well it is put together. Then, check out lots of pics of the watch on google, TZ or other watch sites. Knowledge is your best ally.

Don´t got the point for your reaction guys. He was just asking, if you don´t want to reply then you shouldn´t......I guess this is question how everybody just started....relax

What is more from interest for is the topice it self. You are talking of two different watches. 16610 is the Stainless Steel Submariner and 116610 is the latest modern Submariner with a cerachrome bezel insert. They both belong to the submariner family but they do look different. LN stands for Lunette Noire, which means it is a black colored bezel insert, the abbreviation LN is for both models. This is interesting when it comes to the 16610 or 116610 LV which is the lunette verde, means it´s a green colored insert.

I don´t get the meaning of you topic. Do you want to compare those two watches ? Or do you just look for the closest to the gen modern submariner replica ?

Out of the box there is none that can´t be called out by an expert or at least rolex familiar guy.

If you look aroud a bit you will see different models or make like noobfactory, MBW/MBK, WM9, TW Best....etc. It is always a question on how you would like to spent and how important are some details to you. If you have enough funds you can go for a watch that is build up with a lot of genuine parts, what some guys here call "franken" from Frankenstein, you know the guy with the screws in the head :D

If you really want to do that then I would suggest to buy a 16610 case from phong for 1290$, but this is just a case....no ? Ok, if you buy builds like these it might be the same amount of money you get a preowned genuine 16610 :D

bklm123 is a modder and seller that was selling the famous wm9 watches and modded to a very good level of accuracy but unfortunately the wm9 factory is not existing anymore and so the watches are rare. sometimes they are sold on some foras totally overpriced ;-) but you can be lucky to get one.

If you are not familiar yourself with the models , sneak a bit around in the rolex section and start reading, as i said before all guys started like this and no one is a born expert, but i guess as all the time the newjoiner asking the same questions the guys are annoyed.....

pm me if i can help