When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to get a gen Rolex 78390A bracelet with 803B SEL's ?

Guest Daytona1984

Guest Daytona1984

Hey guys, I am looking for a 78390A bracelet with 803B SEL's in great condition. Can someone help me out? I'm looking at ebay almost daily but without any sucess... If you have one for sale or know how to get one, please send me a message with a price. thnaks a lot!

best,

dom

Your best bet is an AD, most of them will order one for you no questions asked. Just give them a call, some may even have one in stock, no idea about prices however. It pays to shop around, prices tend to vary greatly.

Good luck.

The 78350 I bought a few months ago was considerably more expensive at one place. I don't know whether he just got the price wrong or was trying to take advantage of me, I went someplace else and bought it 50% cheaper.

The 78350 I bought a few months ago was considerably more expensive at one place. I don't know whether he just got the price wrong or was trying to take advantage of me, I went someplace else and bought it 50% cheaper.

That's not supposed to happen... not at US authorized dealers anyhow. Where was this? I've noticed that Euro-AD pricing is in the stratosphere on bracelets... and not because of the dollar turning to toilet paper. Just totally different pricing, unless as you say, some of those dealers are taking a markup.

Well, that's what happened at the first AD I called (a fairly big chain). I knew that the bracelets were way cheaper as I had ordered one a year ago from a watchmaker friend who isn't able to get parts anymore. I couldn't believe my ears when I was told the amount they were charging, so I called another AD (again a big chain) who was asking half of what the first one told me. I guess it was store policy or they had the new bracelet prices introduced already (they supposedly went up 50-100% recently).

thank you guys so far :)

any suggestions which AD to ask?

best,

dom

Just start calling Rolex ADs. Act dumb. Call mall dealers. They'll usually be willing to make a sale. But call all the local ADs. If you can't find one locally that will sell at retail I'd be surprised.

I suppose, technically, these guys shouldn't be selling bracelets without seeing the head or the old bracelet. So maybe some of 'em figure if they're "breaking the rules" already, why not jack up the price a bit. I was told by my trusty dealer that every AD in instructed to sell at the current suggested retail price, right out of the book.

Guest Daytona1984

most of the ADs required to see the watch head, but finally i found a dealer who would sell it for 840 EUR :)

thank you guys again for your help! the last thing i need for my project is a case set...

i will keep you posted regarding my project...

best,

dom

Just start calling Rolex ADs. Act dumb. Call mall dealers. They'll usually be willing to make a sale. But call all the local ADs. If you can't find one locally that will sell at retail I'd be surprised.

I suppose, technically, these guys shouldn't be selling bracelets without seeing the head or the old bracelet. So maybe some of 'em figure if they're "breaking the rules" already, why not jack up the price a bit. I was told by my trusty dealer that every AD in instructed to sell at the current suggested retail price, right out of the book.

most of the ADs required to see the watch head, but finally i found a dealer who would sell it for 840 EUR :)

thank you guys again for your help! the last thing i need for my project is a case set...

i will keep you posted regarding my project...

best,

dom

840 Euro, what's that about 1200 USD these days... not bad at all. I think they're at least 1200 after the latest price increase here.

"Your best bet is an AD, most of them will order one for you no questions asked. Just give them a call, some may even have one in stock, no idea about prices however. It pays to shop around, prices tend to vary greatly."

"The 78350 I bought a few months ago was considerably more expensive at one place. I don't know whether he just got the price wrong or was trying to take advantage of me, I went someplace else and bought it 50% cheaper."

"Just start calling Rolex ADs. Act dumb. Call mall dealers. They'll usually be willing to make a sale. But call all the local ADs. If you can't find one locally that will sell at retail I'd be surprised."

Good advice imho. I bought a few clasp assemblies and hoods a few years back from a 'stranger' chain store AD. They did not know me and wanted exchange parts so I rounded up replica clasps and hoods and scuffed them across the concrete garage floor a few times. The replica clasps went right through.

Steel DJ clasps were $65 each from the 'stranger' AD and from the 'friendly' AD (who refuses to sell me parts now), they were $42 last time I bought one.

I doubt rolex tracks bracelet sales very closely so maybe a 'friendly' AD might discount a bracelet, especially if you are a steady customer.

When we had a parts account with rolex Dallas we could get crystals, bezel inserts, gaskets, springbars, case tubes, crowns, hands, movement wheels, date wheels, reversers, mainsprings, balances complete, balance staffs, pallet forks, rotor axles, jewels, case clamps and all screws.

No cases, bezels, dials, casebacks, hoods, bracelets, links, clasps, or main movement plates.

The 'friendly' AD told me they can get all the above plus hoods/bracelets, and maybe a caseback, dial, or bezel once in a while with exchange. They might be able to get a mainplate on exchange but they never tried.

The 'friendly' AD refuses to sell me any parts at all now after having an account with them for 38+ years.

During 'friendlier' times, the AD owner told me he sees the vast majority of his customers as goofy SOBs with $$ in their pocket...$$ that he needs to relieve them of.

He said he had a 'consensual relationship' with rolex USA...

They sell him watches and he pays for them.

They are all smiles and he is all smiles...but he despises them and they despise him. :drinks:

They did not know me and wanted exchange parts so I rounded up replica clasps and hoods and scuffed them across the concrete garage floor a few times. The replica clasps went right through.

That's hilarious, good for you, they deserve it for wanting "exchange parts." Ridiculous.