When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TimesShops doesnt send QC pics?

Rep Master

The other alternative to being wet-nursed like this, is to start buying gens to ensure 100% satisfaction and customer service :bangin: Sorry for the rant, I'll get off my soapbox now... :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Yes thats probably the better alternative...until then QC pics all the way :bangin:

That's something i personally like to avoid. The exchange process is tedious! Not to mention being -1 on watch during the process and having to pay shipping.

I recently ordered a PAM 217, and got QC pics. And it was a good thing too, because pictured was a PAM 127! Having been able to sort this out before the watch was shipped/received saved tons of hassle in the back & forth that's sure to ensue. Especially since the dealer i bought from is not known for being a great communicator.

My personal experience with exchanges have been quite bad. Once, i got a quartz instead of an the automatic i ordered and immediately emailed the dealer. It took a whole week & a half of back and forth where he kept doubting that i got a quartz and kept asking for pictures of the movement. As if i had something to gain by making false claims.

So, i guess the point i'm trying to make it, QC pics (& even vids) are necessary if dealer does not qc the items before sending it out. i don't mind getting just the tracking details as long as i can be sure i will get the watch i ordered.

Sounds like you've had a bit of a rough deal with dealers and QC. I've lost count of how many watches I've bought over the last few years, but it's probably close to fourty. Of those, I've only ever received one incorrect watch. The three which had to be returned due to faults (one flooded under immersion, one had a pin come out of a bracelet link and the other was a matter of the crown eventually not screwing down) were all issues which QC pics would have been unable to prevent or warn of. Which dealer gave you those issues, I'll be sure to avoid them in the future... I can understand that your past experiences have made you somewhat nervous about things, but maybe that is a sign to find a new dealer, rather than asking for pics? Sure, returns are a pain when they occur, and when I first started buying reps, I thought it was unfair to have to pay return fees, but sadly, that's just part of the game :pardon::drinks:

Yes thats probably the better alternative...until then QC pics all the way :bangin:

:shock: :shock:

I expected bigger stones from you, Dr. Gran... :bangin:

I am very grateful for the QC process. On my most recent purchase the QC pics enabled me to opt for a different watch with a little better aesthetics. Or put differently, if I were buying a $500-700 second hand gen watch I would demand to see it before buying it? I have no idea what the level of inspection is at a factory level for rep watches so having a look at what I am getting before it is sent is important to me. I haven't had to return a watch since the QC pics program was started. And now I will only buy with QC pics. I used to focus on the trade section because at least you knew what you were buying. Now I feel it is much more that way with the dealers. People were often paying a premium for used watches for exactly that reason.

Agree with Teejay.. But as previously stated.. If you want QC pics, then you should ALWAYS specify that you'd like them before ordering the watch.

Absolutely so :)

I am very grateful for the QC process. On my most recent purchase the QC pics enabled me to opt for a different watch with a little better aesthetics. Or put differently, if I were buying a $500-700 second hand gen watch I would demand to see it before buying it? I have no idea what the level of inspection is at a factory level for rep watches so having a look at what I am getting before it is sent is important to me. I haven't had to return a watch since the QC pics program was started. And now I will only buy with QC pics. I used to focus on the trade section because at least you knew what you were buying. Now I feel it is much more that way with the dealers. People were often paying a premium for used watches for exactly that reason.

I don't think comparing factory-issued watches to buying pre-owned watches is really the same thing with regards the need to see pics, afterall, a pre-owned watch could literally be in any condition, from pristine, to seriously beaten up and abused, and what the seller thinks of as okay (or unacceptable) the buyer might consider the opposite. Buying from a dealer, as before, a no-date Sub is a no date Sub, and as long as it matches the dealer's sales photo, that's all a person would get with a genuine 'buying online' experience from somewhere like Amazon :pardon: I would agree with the caveat that if someone's spending Big Dollars, or needs to be very specific about a particular detail, then sure, QC pics are helpful for them, but I don't think it needs to be considered SOP for all dealers all the time on all [regular] purchases :) Just my .2c :)

Your from the UK? ins't the expression in you neck of the woods "my two pennies worth" or "my tuppence worth" ?

I was raised watching American TV and reading American books. I might speak English with an English accent, but I think and write in American :victory:

I was raised watching American TV and reading American books. I might speak English with an English accent, but I think and write in American :victory:

Ok ok I was thinking it was EURO cents ;) can you figure out those Greeks that have ruined both the future of EU and even more so the EURO. Its a shame. Good thing some countries still have their own currencies like the UK, Sweden, Denmark and Poland.

Ok ok I was thinking it was EURO cents ;) can you figure out those Greeks that have ruined both the future of EU and even more so the EURO. Its a shame. Good thing some countries still have their own currencies like the UK, Sweden, Denmark and Poland.

:lol: No Euros here :D Have to admit, I quite like the idea of a global currency (Dollars, of course) but I realy don't like the whole EU thing... Thanks to the EU, certain food additives aren't allowed, specifically tartrazine (has a tendency to make kids go :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: ) but all that does is keeps wonders like Fanta Grape off the shelves in my local stores :cry2:

[Edit to add]

Contraband :drinks:

DSCN4088.jpg

:lol: No Euros here :D Have to admit, I quite like the idea of a global currency (Dollars, of course) but I realy don't like the whole EU thing... Thanks to the EU, certain food additives aren't allowed, specifically tartrazine (had a tendency to make kids go :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: ) but all that does is keeps wonders like Fanta Grape off the shelves in my local stores :cry2:

[Edit to add]

Contraband :drinks:

DSCN4088.jpg

:good: A variety of immunologic responses have been attributed to tartrazine ingestion, including anxiety, migraines, clinical depression, blurred vision, itching, general weakness, heatwaves, feeling of suffocation, purple skin patches, and sleep disturbance :good:

:good: A variety of immunologic responses have been attributed to tartrazine ingestion, including anxiety, migraines, clinical depression, blurred vision, itching, general weakness, heatwaves, feeling of suffocation, purple skin patches, and sleep disturbance :good:

I know, but it still makes kids go :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: and tastes great ;)

The beauty of QC pics is that you get to see the actual prodduct you are purchasing. When I buy something from eBay I never purchase an item with "stock" photos. I always purchase from one of the actions w/ a very detailed description and a lot of photos from different angles etc. This allows me to get an idea of what I'm actually buying. Either way QC pics are an added bonus.

I do think some people take it a little out of context when they start nitpicking.

The beauty of QC pics is that you get to see the actual prodduct you are purchasing. When I buy something from eBay I never purchase an item with "stock" photos. I always purchase from one of the actions w/ a very detailed description and a lot of photos from different angles etc. This allows me to get an idea of what I'm actually buying. Either way QC pics are an added bonus.

I do think some people take it a little out of context when they start nitpicking.

I can see your point, but when dealing with 'power sellers', they all use stock photos. As long as they send what is described/shown, there's no issue, and even if there is, they can normally be resolved easily :) As above, I think if someone needs to check a very specific aspect of the watch, then yes, it can't hurt to ask for pics, but I don't think dealers should always be expected to provide QC pics on every purchase, unless they are specifically requested :)