When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Grand Carrera 36 - A Pictorial Review

Applewush

I just got this in the mail, and OMG!! it's lovely!

I'm sure nobody is here to read about me gushing all over my latest favorite watch, so here are the pics. Enjoy!!

c9b03de0.jpg

0f58f069.jpg

af76d341.jpg

498c1778.jpg

942606d9.jpg

And of course, the obligatory wristie!

b04cb47c.jpg

f9bf6db9.jpg

Now that i have your interest, there are a few things to note about this watch i bought.

It's jap quartz, and therefore chronograph works. There's a 21j version available too, but that comes with a tang buckle instead of deployant, and i think that just screams 'dead giveaway'!

I picked the version with AR, because it's always better with AR, no?

Calipers work, and i just realized i didn't zero it properly before i shot it.

Major Flaws:

The 'TAG Heuer' where the strap meets the watch head is written in white whereas the Gen is in black.

White datewheel instead of black.

Slightly heavier than the gen since it's not made of titanium.

It's not PVD either.

Not sure if the bezel is supposed to turn, but this one doesn't.

Right now, i'm fighting the urge to buy the 7750 version. Somebody stop me!

Edited by Applewush

AR came with the watch at a 30$ premium.

As for better deal, it's hard to say. I paid 148$ for this, shipped while the 7750 would've set me back about 400$.

I chose quartz because

1) the gen/7750 seconds indicator is in a small window at the 9 o'clock position. it's hardly noticeable. I love automatics because of the smooth sweeping hands movement, and when you confine that to a small window, it kinda defeats the purpose.

and 2) i figured since i've never tried the watch before, and it's not my usual style, i should get the cheaper version first. I did the same with a PAM, so stay tuned for my review!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I would avoid the Calibre 36 in quartz. The seconds at 6 clicking over where the chrono HOUR sub dial should be is both a HUGE tell and annoying. I'm not sure if this one is being discontinued, but Andrew at Trusty Time doesn't even carry the Calibre 36 in quartz anymore. IMHO the factories that switch subdial functions on quartz versions just so the chrono works isn't doing anybody any favors. Some watches probably shouldn't be repped in quartz. LOL sorry for the rant, it's my biggest pet peeve in the replica world.

• 1 month later...

i just ordered the Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 36 from "watcheden.net". They had a $20 web discount bringing my grand total to $128. This is my first time ordering a replica watch online so I hope I am not disappointed. I fell in love with this watch and had researched other sites, but I just feel that paying $400 for a replica watch is a bit much. After referring to your post and doing research I found that watcheden had the best looking replica for the best price. I ordered the watch on 10/03 and am still awaiting a tracking number. Lets hope all goes well.