When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep SOSF on the bay

daby

This guy is either really brave or really bonkers. Just hope he's not one of the members here :lol: I am no expert by a long way but even with these pictures I can tell this is a rep.

The big give away is the pic showing the caseback. You can see on the back of the flip lock part of the clasp that you can see the impression of the breitling wings logo that has been put on the other side of the clasp. You would not get this with a gen.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Breitling-Steelfish-/120737021518?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item1c1c7cbe4e

Not used this forum for a while so hope I am not breaking any rules by posting links. Or if I'm wrong do tell. Tempted to contact him and find out if it is asian or swiss movevment :Jumpy:

Yeah the clasp is definately rep. Very sharp eyes you have!

Funny how he describes it like he knows nothing and then ends the auction. Probably got cold feet at the thought of being chased down by an irate customer

Easiest way to tell between gen and rep are the SELs.

Gen SELs are slightly recessed. Rep SELs are on par with the lug height. NEVER any exception... they're all the same.

Gen:

33ffin6.jpg