When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something for the BMW fans

By-Tor

@Dave123--Ok, now we know you're LOADED!!!

@By-Tor--Nice Benz.

Maybe one day I'll be able to afford a rep Benz too!

:pimp:

Haha no.

When i was 16 i was working 20 hours a day running my own catering business (roll in at midnight,out at 4am),my buddies were out partying,i was working. Became a homeowner at 19,father in my early 20's. Started an air duct cleaning business at 20,the biggest in my province (so likely my country) today,seems like nothing but i do a couple million dollars a year of blowing dust around houses,i am good at marketing it.

Never really went to high school but worked hard. Loaded,no. But do ok and try to appreciate my own hard work,my car,watch and vacations,my thing. Something i'm proud of. That car is paid for and is my pride and joy,i have worked my ass off 20 years for that,like my Vettes before it.

Touchy subject,that comment for me,but you dont need to be loaded to own something nice that you love,just need to be dedicated. :)

Yeah... I like the older cars much more. I don't know what it is but getting a new car does nothing for me. It's owned by our company and if something comes up you drive it to the official Merc service. They're STERILE.

But buying a 10 or 20-year old car in pristine condition is something else. Those cars have "spirit". Plus when you run into a problem you can still be a real man and fix it yourself. With these new cars... they have Windows7 with a few viruses inside. :thumbdown:

These two models have always fascinated me. BMW 850 and Porsche 928. I don't know what it is... maybe it's because they weren't so much "in your face" models... like the 'Vette and 911.

BMW-850-CSi--Baureihe-E31--Baujahr-1992--Porsche-928-GT--Baujahr-1989-r498x333-C-35d67449-300701.jpg

Actually I might get one... they're not that expensive to buy. :g:

PS: I also have a "soft spot" for the Frenchies. Peugeot 607 must have been the best looking sedan in the whole decade. Great looking car (imho). The new 508 was a huge downgrade.

peugeot-607-11.JPG

Oddly enough,you just posted pics of the only BMW and Porsche that i have always admired,especially these days the 850,what a sharp car and when i was younger the Porsche.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah... didn't we have a thread devoted for that E30 once?

PS Dave: Nothing beats the BMW interior. Merc doesn't come even close... especially now that they got rid of the classic looking wood panels (I hate my Mercs black ash panels).

Ok... Jaguar comes close. :)

15s7go1.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...