When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pics of my new DSSD

sport ice

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Check out this qc pic i got from andrew :)

4e465fb3-9f19-8434.jpg

+1sec :D i got it today and it keeps time perfect!!! First ever watch i got that i dident need to regulat :D keeps better time then the gen patek hahahaha

Edited by Zeleni Kukuruz

I thought they did this to prove the movement was healthy before shipment.

I think that's partially it, but if your watch comes from the factory +/-5min/day, then there's no reason there's no good reason they would want to show that to you in a picture. Granted.. They might not get it within +/- 1 second per day..(better than COSC) but i think 20 or 25 seconds is acceptable from the factory.

P.s. Jkay, how's it going bro. I've been OUT for like 2 months or more! Finally winding up my master's degree and can see the light of day. Very impressed by your bezel work!

Slightly off topic, but how does one go about regulating a watch that's out by 24 sec a day? (a brief explanation or a link would be most appreciated)

If you have an iPhone or an iPad you could buy the kello application, which is a makeshift watch timing app. It does not work with some extremely quiet movements, but I've had good luck with my attempts and can get my reps to +2.5 secs a day which makes me very happy.

There are tutorials on this Forum already for timing watches but in brief, you can use the fine adjuster screw up to a point but if this is not enough you have to carefully slide the larger "tab" adjuster for more gross adjustments. My latest rep was +50 a day upon receipt, but the adjustment tab and kello brought it down to +2.5 for me.

P.s. Jkay, how's it going bro. I've been OUT for like 2 months or more! Finally winding up my master's degree and can see the light of day. Very impressed by your bezel work!

Welcome back, and congrats on grabbing that college degree! I was just pleased that I was able to make a spare part from a different factory and randomly sold on this forum work in a 2yr old rep. That's satisfaction!

Welcome back, and congrats on grabbing that college degree! I was just pleased that I was able to make a spare part from a different factory and randomly sold on this forum work in a 2yr old rep. That's satisfaction!

Just to give you some remorse... You knew trevor sells the Bezels for the V5 right? :bangin: granted not as satisfying.. but I plan on going that route soon.. As I did the Nail acrylic mod last year and have never been quite happy with it, and would like to do it again :)

If you have an iPhone or an iPad you could buy the kello application, which is a makeshift watch timing app. It does not work with some extremely quiet movements, but I've had good luck with my attempts and can get my reps to +2.5 secs a day which makes me very happy.

There are tutorials on this Forum already for timing watches but in brief, you can use the fine adjuster screw up to a point but if this is not enough you have to carefully slide the larger "tab" adjuster for more gross adjustments. My latest rep was +50 a day upon receipt, but the adjustment tab and kello brought it down to +2.5 for me.

Thanks!