When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

tudor 7032 case questions

garettb16

I don't think anyone has ever made a direct comparison between the aftermarket cases, or against a genuine 7032.

Based on what I've read and seen on these forums, though, Phong looks to have the best mid-case and caseback, both in terms of accurate looks and build quality. Phong's case will also accept correctly-sized, genuine endlinks (i.e. 589 or 605), while DW's will not. I don't know how Yuki's or NDT's cases rank against these two.

Despite the need to trim the inner diameter to get a genuine crystal to fit, DW has the better bezel with more accurate engravings. Like Phong, NDT and Yuki also have inaccurate fonts on their bezels, both for the 7031 and 7032.

DW also has, hands-down, the best aftermarket 7031/2 dial out there. It's not perfect, as there could be improvements made to the subdial profiles. But these are minor deficiencies and very difficult to notice.

Best hands are from Yuki.

I don't think anyone has ever made a direct comparison between the aftermarket cases, or against a genuine 7032.

Based on what I've read and seen on these forums, though, Phong looks to have the best mid-case and caseback, both in terms of accurate looks and build quality. Phong's case will also accept correctly-sized, genuine endlinks (i.e. 589 or 605), while DW's will not. I don't know how Yuki's or NDT's cases rank against these two.

Despite the need to trim the inner diameter to get a genuine crystal to fit, DW has the better bezel with more accurate engravings. Like Phong, NDT and Yuki also have inaccurate fonts on their bezels, both for the 7031 and 7032.

DW also has, hands-down, the best aftermarket 7031/2 dial out there. It's not perfect, as there could be improvements made to the subdial profiles. But these are minor deficiencies and very difficult to notice.

Best hands are from Yuki.

Couldn't agree any further on the above! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I used the Yuki mid-case and the case back, DW bezel, unknown source for the minute/hour/chrono hands, and NOS unkwown 7750 hands for the subdial hands. I found that DW cases are a little inaccurate as far as the case back and pusher recess goes. For instance, there are indents at the bottom of the pushers, where the gen doesn't have any.

MY DW case...

P1014433.jpg

gen case...

Tudor%20MC%20back%202.jpg

In addition, I found the serifs for the DW case back too exaggerated...almost making the engravings look too "cartoony."

I also agree that the DW dial is currently the king of this market, but much prefer the old school dial version that comes up from time to time.

Do you know where I can find a nice replica bracelet for it?

I use the rep, folded-link 7836 that can be found from multiple sources. I bought mine from Mary (Watch International) last year. Alternatively, you can use a solid-link 78360, but I'm not sure who sells good versions of those.

C: I checked my 7032, and it doesn't have the pusher cutouts, either. Maybe you have one of his earliest cases?

homecd: Despite their similar looks, the Poljot 3133 is very different to the Valjoux 7734. At the very least, you would need a thicker case to accommodate the Poljot movement.

the Poljot movement definately doesn't fit in the DW Case, unsure of other brands.

thanks LHOOQ, im after the same as you a 7836 folded with 380 ends, hopefully it will fit my case ok.?

thanks for the offer JMB, if you have a 20mm 7836 id be happy to take it off your hands.

The 380s on the rep 7836 will fit. They're a bit tight against the case, and their profiles aren't a great match with the lugs, but they'll fit.

They're also the best avaliable options for the DW case, as far as I know. I tried both a 589 and a 605 and there's no physical way that a springbar can go through the hoops and the lugholes.

As for Poljot-powered 7032 reps, I remember seeing pictures of a hybrid that used a 3133, Yuki dials and hands, and an aftermarket case (possibly Yuki) meant for a 7750-powered Tudor chronograph. Unless you're sitting on a pile of Russian movements, this sounds like a lot more work and expense than looking for a good Valjoux 7734 movement.

I C: I checked my 7032, and it doesn't have the pusher cutouts, either. Maybe you have one of his earliest cases?

Well...than ain't I the unlucky one then! Does anyone know who can plug the pusher holes and reconfigure it into a V72 pusher config for me (no...I'm not making a 626x)? Gotta salvage something of it...