When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My two latest addition! And requesting you help!

PowerShot

Hello world,

Just wanted to share with you a few pics of my two latest addition to my rep family!

I'm totally in love with them! Especially with the AP :wub:

Here is some pictures

dsc5771f.jpgdsc5772x.jpg

dsc5774.jpgdsc5775.jpg

dsc5776c.jpg

And the second one!

dsc5762t.jpgdsc5761y.jpg

dsc5765.jpgdsc5766c.jpg

Actually everything is not good with my 111M, the movement doesn't want to work.

It's seems that the movement is fully winded (I cannot wind it anymore) but the balance wheel doesn't move.

When I gently shake the watch, the balance wheel starts to move but stop just a few seconds after. The anchor is moving also, the watch seems to run but the second hand doesn't move at all.

Are you familiar with this problem? I've already had the same problem on my first panerai. (supposed to have a swiss unitas)

I'm I doing something bad or just unlucky with these "swinese" unitas? :bangin:

Please chim in,

Best regards!

PS

(Mods feel free to move in the right section if you feel this thread not in the right place :pardon: )

Nice RO, I'm tempted to get the blue faced one.

If you dont mind, where did you order that and which version quality is it!

wish I could help with your PAM, I'm a newb!

Hello Jamdot!

It's the new Jumbo 1:1 available from all the trusted dealers here I think!

I can only recommend you getting this one, they are really well made and have a great presence on the wrist!

Best regards,

PS

Hope you're able to fix the Pam. The AP RO is a thing a beauty, it's definitely next on my list. I already have the Vacheron Constantin Overseas and the Patek Philippe Nautilus, so the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak is the natural thing to round off the collection of high-end sports watches.

Thanks for the answers guys!

Opti: I've had a closer look with a loupe and there is something strange, doesn't look like the others but doesn't seems to be cracked.

Calatrava: thanks for the kind words!

You should have started with the RO! :-) which color did you get for the Nautilus?

I really want this one also but can't decide myself on the dial color..

Best regards,

PS

Calatrava: thanks for the kind words!

You should have started with the RO! :-) which color did you get for the Nautilus?

I really want this one also but can't decide myself on the dial color..

You're welcome, it is a wonderful watch.

I got the Nautilus with the blue dial, since the gen 5711 is only available in stainless steel with bracelet in that dial color. The Nautilus 3711 with bracelet in white gold is available with the black dial (and maybe the grey) but the look of stainless steel is less warm than that of white gold.

• 1 month later...

As a follow up, I finally got myself one of the AP Royal Oak Jumbos with the black dial, and it is indeed a beauty. I now have the big three of dressy high-end sports watches: the AP Royal Oak Jumbo, PP Nautilus Jumbo, and VC Overseas (as well as the gen of the VCO).

Of the three, I still like the VCO the best, which is a good thing, since I plonked down serious money on the gen before trying out the AP Royal Oak. Don't get me wrong, the AP RO is a classic, but is just a tad bit on the small side for me, and I like the more contemporary and refined design of the VCO.

In any case, note to self, try out the replicas of all the main contenders before committing to another gen.

On the pam one theing i can see is that the swans neck adjusting screw is about to fall out, the reason it is not running could be any of the number of things but i would suspect the dial is rubbing on the seconds post