When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 292K

Mickey Padge

Just had a delivery arrive from Joshua today, opened her up straight away and what do I find? A sweet looking PAM 292K! Thanks Joshua, always quality customer service and QC B)

Always wanted one of these, but previous PVD or gloss ceramic watches have fallen well short of the mark quality and accuracy wise, this ceramic beauty is the exact opposite of all the previous efforts, amazing watch considering the low price :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have it mounted on a matte black bob calf strap, which blends really well with the soft looking ceramic case. The rep strap was nice, but I prefer the white stitch and finish of the bob strap :)

Check out some pictures, click to expand!

dsc04209t.th.jpgdsc04210v.th.jpgdsc04211za.th.jpg

dsc04213o.th.jpgdsc04215cm.th.jpgdsc04216d.th.jpg

dsc04218m.th.jpgdsc04219w.th.jpgdsc04221c.th.jpg

dsc04218f.jpg

I am really chuffed with this watch, $220 gets you a lot for you money nowadays, the colourless AR is excellent, and the superlumed dial glows like a torch! If you were on the fence about this watch, get off it! You will not be disappointed, I actually prefer this the the 005 and 177 H factory watches, the lower profile and black finish give it a much more striking appearance! :)

I have no doubt this watch will stay on my wrist for a long while, and don't forget, should you bump yours, just use a pencil eraser, or abrasive rubber block, it should brush off all but the biggest dents ;)

Cheers! :drinks:

Crown is screw down and the cheap Asian movement will conk out long before you would have to worry about stripping any bearings due to winding

Great review Mick. I recieved mine last week and I agree with everything you said. I too am on the fence with the strap. I ordered the version with the thicker fat black stitch but its on the second to the last hole on my wrist. If I don't flake and sell her I am thinking black shark

Crown is screw down and the cheap Asian movement will conk out long before you would have to worry about stripping any bearings due to winding

Great review Mick. I recieved mine last week and I agree with everything you said. I too am on the fence with the strap. I ordered the version with the thicker fat black stitch but its on the second to the last hole on my wrist. If I don't flake and sell her I am thinking black shark

LOL, thanks for the prompt reply.

My IWC Top Gun V2 goes to repair because the crown/tube is stripped and can't be screwed down.

I believe this Asian 6497 can take quite a lot of beating since it is simple designed.

Nothing much can go wrong with it

The crown is a non issue for me, just screw the crown in slowly without rushing, and all will be fine, you can easily catch the crown wrong on the tube and thread/strip everything if you are careless :p

Thanks Tanya, a short review, but the pictures speak more I think, for me she's a keeper. The colourless AR is amazing on these "H" factory reps, unlike the 312L and similar Angus helped develop, which states colourless AR, but from the pieces I have handled, have absolutely no AR whatsoever! :whistling:

I wasn't keen on the thicker strap, as I had never seen a genuine like that, however I think I will keep her on the bob, unless I spot a great deal on an OEM strap, smaller wrists can be beneficial sometimes! ;)

I ordered one two days ago...

My 292K should be there tomorrow (or the day after, worse case, since it was released by the French Customs this morning), Germany not being to far away, the strap may well arrive at the same time!

So thanks again, Mickey Padge!

I ordered one two days ago...

My 292K should be there tomorrow (or the day after, worse case, since it was released by the French Customs this morning), Germany not being to far away, the strap may well arrive at the same time!

So thanks again, Mickey Padge!

Excellent, hope you like it, feel free to posts some pics! B)

Excellent, hope you like it, feel free to posts some pics! B)

Well, as I did forecast, both the strap and the 292k came in at the same time... And I'm very happy they did!

The strap that comes with the watch (the thick/pricier one) is nice but too thick and therefore a real pain to use. Plus, being shiny, it doesn't really complement the 292 head.

Nuff said, the "stock one" staid on the watch for approximately 2 minutes, then the bob-strap came into play. It looks great, feels great, and it's mat texture goes well with that of the ceramic!

So....

Pics!!!

pam292b.jpg

pam292.jpg