When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone ever thought of a WIS Club

usmctowgnr

I was sitting around on the fourth at my in laws house and was listening to my wifes aunt talking about a new handbag club she joined. Basically she pays a monthly fee to be part of a database of handbags that she can "check out" similar to a library. She also has her bags on the database that are available to others in the network.

Well it got me thinking how if that could work here? Of course stipulations of membership to include references, nice watches to include in database to name a few. There could be a monthly due that goes towards a pool for acquisition and modification of watches to add to the network.

Anyways, just a thought. I don't know how many times I have bought a watch to either decide that I don't like it or get tired of it.

Let me know what you think.

Joe

I suggested something like this a while back, and while a few folks were interested, it was mostly dismissed as being too open to abuses, as has happened in the past with Pass Around Watches :( Shame really, as it's an awesome idea :pardon:

It really is a shame. However I think that with proper moderation and member restrictions it really has promise. I have been finding myself jonesing lately for a daytona but don't want to drop the loot as I know the yearning will pass as it has before when I bought a spinmaster wore it for a short while then it moved on.

It really is a shame. However I think that with proper moderation and member restrictions it really has promise. I have been finding myself jonesing lately for a daytona but don't want to drop the loot as I know the yearning will pass as it has before when I bought a spinmaster wore it for a short while then it moved on.

Absolutely, and likewise, I think it would be a great way for people to try a watch they're considering buying, but there's so many potential issues, even down to what would be the thing to do should customs snag a piece, or worse yet, a watch arrive DOA which was functional on departure, I can understand why the idea never took off :wounded1:

What's 'WIS'? I've seen the term kicked around here.

Watch Idiot-Savant.

An idiot-savant is someone who has crippling retardation but somehow has super-human knowledge and ability in one specific area such as music or mathematics.