When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New to site and looking for quality Audemars Piguet rep

Susanm

Now if only I could find him a rep Bentley...

Susan, Take heed of the advice given about servicing this watch. You still haven't acknowledged this advice. It's not uncommon for a watch like the one you purchased to stop running after a few months time (either over-oiled, under-oiled or in some cases completely dry movements). When that happens, don't say we didn't warn you. A good servicing will guarantee the watch runs for years without any trouble.

Plaifender, you have my attention! Does anyone know of a good service vendor (Watchman?) in the NYC or Westchester County NY area? Oh, and what should this service typically cost?

Hi Susan,

Welcome to RWG!:thumbsupsmileyanim:

On this Forum and most of North America, we only trust the Zigmeister with our watches, I suggest you contact him.....BTW, he's in Canada, but we all have shipped to him and back with no problems!

PM Zigmeister

Good luck,

Hike

Plaifender, you have my attention! Does anyone know of a good service vendor (Watchman?) in the NYC or Westchester County NY area? Oh, and what should this service typically cost?

The 7750 type watch movement has over 200 parts, and requires a watchmaker who knows it intimately in order to achieve ultimate satisfaction. There are a few forum members here in the continental USA who can do this for you, but I would not know of a normal watch shop in the Northeast to handle this.

If / When the watch starts to act oddly, then send it off to a trusted Forum watchsmith .. the lowest you can expect to pay for a full service of this chronograph monster is $175 .. then you should be perfectly happy for 4 or 5 years (the watch oil dries up over time in any watch)

Individual watchsmith pricing varies wildly.

There are many qualified watchmakers in & around the NYC area that can handle the task of overhauling/servicing a rep watch. If the rep is powered by a Swiss-made ETA movement, then pretty much any watchmaker can get parts (if needed). However, if the movement is a low-end Asian-made movement, parts will be problematic. Check with the rep seller to see what brand & model of movement is in your watch & then let your fingers do the walking through your local telephone book (watch & clock repair or similar). Phone the watchmaker & ask if they work on ETA-powered replica watches. Some watchmakers will & some will not. Calling 1st will save you alot of wasted time.

An overhaul on a standard 3-hand rep watch should run $100-$200 (NYC/Westchester areas are likely to be at the high end of the scale). If you have a chronograph, expect to pay considerably more (plus parts, if required).

Susan, Take heed of the advice given about servicing this watch. You still haven't acknowledged this advice. It's not uncommon for a watch like the one you purchased to stop running after a few months time (either over-oiled, under-oiled or in some cases completely dry movements). When that happens, don't say we didn't warn you. A good servicing will guarantee the watch runs for years without any trouble.

Any particular reason to do it up front?

Not all movements fail so quickly. And even if they do, a service at that stage will sort it.

So an up front service seems a fairly expensive way to deal with it.