When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken bracelet PO v.5

slask111

Hi,

It seems that my v.5 PO hit the rocks the other day and the bracelet decided not to work anymore. The pin that is holdning the clasp link together went A-wall. It seems to be a screw in type, and the screw went missing. But i cant se any threads in the pin so im not 100% aboout it. Is there a way to source a new pin so that i can use this watch? Its the asian cheapo movement, so no point buying a new strap thats almost the same price as a whole new watch.

Anyone that can help me out i would appriciate it alot.

Sry for the english.. it seems that the more time you spend typing in english.. the worse you get ;)

post-14435-0-26063100-1310501383.jpg

Hmm it seems that the original pin for the clasp is not long enough to bend. On the attached picture the pin is inserted.

On a general note, im not impressed by the pins for this bracelet. The pins is not secure enough, if feels like they are going to fall out any second. I guess epoxy is your friend in this case..

post-14435-0-27682800-1310504443.jpg

Dont know mastermindalliance. I will look at all the spare pins i have for this PO tomorrow. But to me it looks like the pin for the clasp is flattened but the ones one the bracelet is not. I dont se how it should get flattened when it is fitted.

Hehe, with a jewellers hammer i expect. The problem with using a paperclip is that it will rust.

You're right though, the pins on PO bracelet are junk, in fact the PO bracelets in general are. I've had to use locktite just to keep links with no showing pins together.

The good thing is the locktite works very well.

Good luck.

Basically, a hand-operated press (like super pliers) that compresses both ends of the pin at once to create the little mushroom heads. I suppose the one they use in the factory is custom built for this purpose.

Have you considered asking in the "Want to buy" section for someone's spare clasp? I'm sure there are people who use a rubber strap instead of their bracelet OR just have a broken PO laying around in a drawer.

WHO990 sells sterile clasps on eBay ... or you could buy a gen clasp!

Hi

I think i read somewhere that there should be a tube that slides into the link then the pin is driven in to

the tube - almost a 3 part connection.

Try searching for PO bracelet adjustment or similar.

But from what i've read the Rep PO bracelets are not too good.

Hope this may help

Cobra

I might have a SS strap on the way, i posted on the I want to buy forum and it gave result. Thank god for all the nice members here! But i agree, the SS on the PO sucks. Locktight is the only way to go. Just another reason to get the gen. The nato looks great woof! But i just love the SS around my wrist ;)

Had to come back and correct myself.

I have two UPOs. I was just refitting a bracelet on my pumpkin and noticed a difference between my other one that i was talking about above^^ .

On the pumpkin bracelet the clasp pin you're referring to is indeed swagged, The other one is not, it's just a regular regular bracelet tube and pin.

Dont know if this is factory revision or user mod as i bought the non-swagged one from a user not new.

• 2 weeks later...

Were you able to sort it?

Swaging tool? Maybe you can use a pin and use that tool on it?

I had the exact same problem on mine too. But it is not a pin that is swaged. Here is a link to the item you need. I haven't got mine yet, but any day now. I measured the pin with calipers and it came in at 1mm. The length is about 16mm so I ordered this part:

Watch Band Pins

Be sure to call them and place the order over the phone so you don't get charged $15 for shipping. Name of the company is Cas-Ker Company. It is item sku# 900.010.

Edited by Tracyl

Update: Don't buy this product! It is the wrong size! I got these pins in today and they are 1.09mm thick and not 1mm as advertised. I'll be returning them. Also, found out you really need a 13mm long bar and not 16. Probably the 12mm would work if the bars were actually 1mm as advertised. Guess I need to keep looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Don't buy this product! It is the wrong size! I got these pins in today and they are 1.09mm thick and not 1mm as advertised. I'll be returning them. Also, found out you really need a 13mm long bar and not 16. Probably the 12mm would work if the bars were actually 1mm as advertised. Guess I need to keep looking!

Update:

I gave up looking for a pin and went to my watchsmith. He added a 1.1mm pin(don't know how he made it fit)but is took all of 5 min, and he said it is friction fit, and will never come out. Just a solid SS pin that is 1.1mm. He hammered it in using a jewelers hammer on a small steel block. It was amazing watching him work. He then sanded the ends to round them over, then polished them on a polishing wheel. Looks brand new!