When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modding the Aeromarines

importr

I've long wanted to to sort out my swiss SOSF, and when the chance came up to get a gen dial, i jumped on it!

The rep dial is nicely made, but the factory lume wasn't good and the white was too white. It should be cream.

My particular rep dial was already superlumed, but the white was bugging me.....

DSC_01663.jpg

DSC_01643.jpg

DSC_01633.jpg

Here it is with gen dial fitted. Next to a couple of gatecrashers

DSC_0200.jpg

Then there was the Seawolf Chrono i bought for a bit of fun. I know its flawed but i was surprised to find it to be better than I expected. Had a blobby pearl, nasty plastic strap, next to no lume, bad AR

DSC_01672.jpg

DSC_01683.jpg

DSC_01693.jpg

DSC_01703.jpg

DSC_01752.jpg

Time to get rid of the plastic strap, add a gen Pro Diver II and do a relume smile.gif

DSC_01773.jpg

DSC_01792.jpg

DSC_01802.jpg

DSC_01812.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_01842.jpg

DSC_01852.jpg

DSC_01862.jpg

DSC_01872.jpg

DSC_01882.jpg

Next up - AR. I removed the crystal and sent it off to Germany for treatment. In the meantime i got a standby glass.

Another thing i was hoping to do, was to fit a proper 1/10th sec quartz chrono, as per subdial layout. But the ETA G10 (with black datewheel) and G15 that I bought dont fit. Oh well, looks like I'm stuck with the ISA 8171-202.

Another job to complete is to fit the gen bezel to my Skyland. The rep v2 bezel on this example is the biggest letdown on an otherwise well modded watch. The stamping of the numbers is vague. The v1 and v3 are better than this!

DSC_01593.jpg

DSC_01602.jpg

DSC_01613.jpg

DSC_01622.jpg

The problem is, its not a direct fit. The retaining clip is located differently on the gen.

I had actually glued it on, but took it off again when i didnt like the fixed bezel!

Back to the drawing board!!

Amazing! :good:

Nothing beats the gen Fish dial.

How about some wrist shots?

Yep, too right. Gen Fish dial is a must :)

I'll get around to the wristies asap.

and i'll get around to doing that summary for you. I haven't forgotten! :D

i now have to find some times to ready some shots of my modded Breitling collection...

but here's the list in the meantime:

1) swiss steelfish, correct swiss case, breitling date font, gen black dial (still needs to get superlumed hands/pearl)

2) breilting tri-compax arabic black dial Navitimer v1 edition - chieftang double ar, eta 4.5 datewheel

3) blackbird - cheiftang double ar, The Zigmeister blue superlume

4) ti chrono avenger v1 - chieftang double ar, currently fitted with v2 grey dial skyland (for a different look with the ti case!)

5) ss chrono avenger v1 (fantasy) - chieftang double ar, gen blue chrono avenger dial

6) v2 black dial skyland - brushed ss case and bracelet

7) ss chrono avenger v1 (fantasy) - white chrono avenger dial with skyland breitling font datewheel (plan to brush the case/bracelet)

planned mod:

6) old skool chronomatic destro handwind - planning to have the crystal double ar'd