When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO 45.5 Strap Source?

jc0515

Hi All,

I have an UPO 45.5 from a few years ago...still keeps amazing time. I purchased with bracelet, and then picked up the rubber strap, but have frequently thought about the rubber with orange, and rubber with white stitch and deployant clasp. Only seen these in leather from rep dealers.

Questions:

1) Does the 45.5 seem odd on anything but the black rubber and bracelet? I've read that some think the larger PO overpowers regular tapered straps.

2) Anyone making a good 22mm "rubber" orange, or white stitch? I've seen the earlier leather versions, and they are not that appealing.

Any input would be welcome.

What bezel PO do you have the black or orange,if you have the black bezel you could try these 2 straps,they compliment the watch very much.The tan brown is on my franken UPO and the with the curved ends on my stock one.

Sorry, I should have clarified that I have a pumpkin...the black bezel does seem to go with more straps. I was more specifically wondering about whether the "rubber with stitch" straps had gotten better. The OEM rubber with stitch, has been rep'd with leather in the past. I'm also not sure if the 45.5 would appear to big for these tapered straps.

I've tried a few regular, and few seem to work as well as the bracelet or rubber dive strap.

The rubber on stitch is still nothing like the original. Best bet is to buy one from ofrei or look on eBay. In fact an original rubber/White stitch with curved ends (latest design) sold today for about $175ish, and the 20mm sold for $140ish