When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex movement wheels

alterego

post-1234-0-27439400-1311881079.jpgpost-1234-0-51026500-1311880412.jpgpost-1234-0-51026500-1311880412.jpgpost-1234-0-06743400-1311880532.jpgpost-1234-0-53245500-1311880281.jpgpost-1234-0-84511500-1311880360.jpgHi all:

As you probably know I'm an enthusiastic Rolex rep collctor, which includes modifying and restoring rep and gen pieces. One of my friends has a Rolex 1500 Perpetual Date for sale. The watch is in good shape but this is after going through major surgery. The watch works, and keeps time within a decent range.

Originally this watch belonged to someone who left the watch in a tin box in the basement, whre the watch took some water during years. The movement was in pretty bad shape and the watchmaster who overhauled modified some Mido parts that he fit in the Rolex movement to make it run. As I said, tye watch runs fine. The only problem is that I cannot wind it. The watch maker says two wheels in the movement having to do with the winding function are in such a bad shape that need to be replaced. In Spanish they are called the "carretilla" wheel and the other is the "canto" (side/edge) wheel. I have looked in the internet for these parts with Spanglish names to no avail. My question has to do with finding out the English name for the parts (wheels) that enable the movement's winding systeem. Can someone tell me "what" I must look for in Shakespeare's language ????

Sorry for such a long post, but I really had to be this quite generous in the description of the situation.

Gratefully.

PS. Attached are somepics of the watch.

I wrote a full explanation of how I found the parts and the text disapeaared. To make the story short. I asked my watchmaker what he parts would look like and run a search on Rolex ove wiment wnding parts. They are called the winding pinion and the cluthch. There are few for sale in ebay, so I'll order them so as to complete one more step in the restoration of the 1500 Oyster Perpetual. Next, a silver dial.

Thank you for your sggestions.