When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you know of any good aftermarket jubilees?

Robaer

I've been looking at lot of aftermarket and rep bracelets on various sites and e-bay.

But I have no experience when it comes to rep jubilee bracelets and don't know what to expect.

I think I'd prefer one without any Rolex stamps on them.

Are there any aftermarket jubilees that are good?

Do any of them accept 2mm spring bars?

What do you want to pay? I have a "gen" that came with a gen case a long time ago. The bracelet is in great shape, but had been "restored". And by restored, I assume the seller meant that some after market parts were added in. At this point, it's very hard to tell, but it is certaintly at least somewhat genuine. :)

I'd let it go for a good price, assuming I can still find it.

What do you want to pay? I have a "gen" that came with a gen case a long time ago. The bracelet is in great shape, but had been "restored". And by restored, I assume the seller meant that some after market parts were added in. At this point, it's very hard to tell, but it is certaintly at least somewhat genuine. :)

I'd let it go for a good price, assuming I can still find it.

I don't think I would mind some aftermarket parts. Are all the links included? What price did you have in mind? You can PM me if you prefer.

I saw pics of the branded Jubilee from Raffles Time and I didn't like the quality of the coronet on the clasp buckle. It was too off, wrong shape. I have a President bracelet from him, and the coronet for the hidden clasp is ok. Maybe it's hit or miss. I'd be interested in seeing someone's jubilee if they recently got one from him, because if the coronet looks okay now, I'd consider maybe picking up a spare clasp eventually.

Edited by Kerbus

The clasp of my president bracelet with the logo looks just fine. Its the vintage/classic style, which is correct for my particular model watch. The gold plating is nothing special, not the quality of wrapped or anything like that. If you want to go with an unbranded buckle on a jubilee, Raffles Time or any of the mentioned suppliers ought to be good.

In taking a closer look, I think it is genuine. I remember being suspicious at the time I acquired it, but having seen many more gen bracelets come and go since then, I am not so suspicious anymore.

I'll let you know if I decide to let this one go.

Thanks.

If it's all gen I can understand that you perhaps want to keep it for later.

I saw pics of the branded Jubilee from Raffles Time and I didn't like the quality of the coronet on the clasp buckle. It was too off, wrong shape. I have a President bracelet from him, and the coronet for the hidden clasp is ok. Maybe it's hit or miss. I'd be interested in seeing someone's jubilee if they recently got one from him, because if the coronet looks okay now, I'd consider maybe picking up a spare clasp eventually.

The D links on his rep are excellent - I have some of his and a gen on my 1977 DJ, and they are very, very close.

I will check the clasp coronet and get back here with a picture or two