When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Asian 7750 Chronograph

keeno

Hi

ive recently got a Tag link chrongraph from josh and as you will all know, the second hand that permantly sweeps is the 9 o clock subdial.

would it damage or affect the movement if i left the chrongraph running all the time?i like the look of the big hand moving!!!

cheers

steve

It's just like any mechanical contraption: the more gears you exercise, the more gears that will wear out.. sooo use it sparingly :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi

ive recently got a Tag link chrongraph from josh and as you will all know, the second hand that permantly sweeps is the 9 o clock subdial.

would it damage or affect the movement if i left the chrongraph running all the time?i like the look of the big hand moving!!!

cheers

steve

Short answer - No - you can leave it running for ever and it will not wear it out...

For a long detailed answer, see my how does it work posts in my subforum, there is a anal detailed explination on the 7750...

With the chrono on, the only extra gears working are the center seconds gear and the 12 hour wheel is released, and each minute the 30 minute counter moves 1 notch... The center seconds has no friction, so it will not wear out, the 12 hour wheel is normally restrained and the clutch is slipping all the time with the chrono OFF, so ON is better, and the 30 minute timer will never wear out, no friction either...

So let it run if you like.

As for the oils, they deterioate no matter what, it's time that counts (between servicing and fresh clean oil) not if the watch is running or not...

RG

As opposed to the OLD asian 7750....which don't run at all!!!...I'm about to try the WD-40 gambit on my 212 movement...WTF have I got to lose????....I actually got more than one vintage junker running that way back in "the day"....Not running well, but running, rather than frozen for eternity!! :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Short answer - No - you can leave it running for ever and it will not wear it out...

For a long detailed answer, see my how does it work posts in my subforum, there is a anal detailed explination on the 7750...

With the chrono on, the only extra gears working are the center seconds gear and the 12 hour wheel is released, and each minute the 30 minute counter moves 1 notch... The center seconds has no friction, so it will not wear out, the 12 hour wheel is normally restrained and the clutch is slipping all the time with the chrono OFF, so ON is better, and the 30 minute timer will never wear out, no friction either...

So let it run if you like.

As for the oils, they deterioate no matter what, it's time that counts (between servicing and fresh clean oil) not if the watch is running or not...

RG

..And There is The Correct Answer Again !

Thank You ! I can never find that article from you The Zigmeister,

whenever I run across this chrono question...and it seems

a few days after the air clears,....someone else will post another

cloudy myth about this issue....and chronos in general..

Some people are so afraid of their chronos....

but love them at the same time... :blink:

Sometimes I actually prefer to leave mine running,...

I love to see those hands doing their thing.. ;)

..And There is The Correct Answer Again !

Thank You ! I can never find that article from you Ziggy,

whenever I run across this chrono question...and it seems

a few days after the air clears,....someone else will post another

cloudy myth about this issue....and chronos in general..

Some people are so afraid of their chronos....

but love them at the same time... :blink:

Sometimes I actually prefer to leave mine running,...

I love to see those hands doing their thing.. ;)

I would not say correct answer, but only my opinion...based on what is running or not with the chrono on or off...

I leave them running for days, or off, makes no difference at all in the long run...

Do not be afraid of the chrono...it is your friend...

RG

Hi

cheers

steve

I have heard even the new 7750 movement is crap. Does anyone have any experience with the upgraded model, is it really that bad?