When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver vs. Jumbo

Hi AP fans!

I was going to get a 5711G Nautilus but after some AP Divers popped up in the wristshot threads I came to the conclusion that an AP is more of my style.

I love the Diver design but I am worried about the size since I have pretty small wrists (about 16cm = 6.3 inch-ish). I think a 15300 Jumbo would be the better choice, but then again I love the two-crown design of the Diver and especially the modded beauties Uwe posted here not long ago...

Could someone who has both please post a side-by-side shot so I can see the difference? That would be amazing! Maybe someone does have a Speedmaster, Planet Ocean 42mm, modern or vintage Sub or something lying around and can compare how they both wear in comparison. My daily wearer is a 6265 Daytona at the moment, I know that this will look ridiculously small compared to both APs but I think I will be able to adjust, I feel that the 6265 is more of a dress watch and lust for something more sporty.

Another question: Are there any aftermarket leather bands for the jumbo so I could change the look easily and are there any smaller aftermarket rubber straps for the diver, I read that the strap might be too large for smaller wrists...

Thanks

:drinks:

Well....where to start with?

If you are more a RLX guy and the PO42mm is a monster on your wrist, you´ll have problems wearing the AP DIVER.

Allthough the DIVER has the same size as the ROO, both 42mm, the latter wears smaller than the DIVER.

This is due to case thickness....the ROO is thicker and the DIVER sits more "around" the wrist....I got the DIVER from my friend who has 6.3 wrists....it was too big for him.

I do have 6.8 wrists and the watch fits fine.

I´d say go with the JUMBO, its 39mm sounds small but due to the case construction with the integrated lugs, the watch is actually a nice size.

Unfortunately there are only bracelet options as the strap-options are the cheap china pieces and will not fit the ultimate Jumbo....beside those, there is an expensive APBands conversion kit....overpriced and not 100% garanteed fit.

So go with the JUMBO....decide for white (more classic), black (more formal) or blue (more sporty) dial option and ask one of our big dealers here.

Hope this is of any help, cheers

Theo

P.S.: errh and talking about the 5711....forget it, its a tiny tipsy watch.

Thanks Theo,

I'll go the 15300 with black dial and if I like it I might actually consider the APBands conversion kit. If anybody has an ultimate jumbo 15300 for sale in EU please drop me a line, I'd love to have one for my trip to France in a few weeks time. :victory:

:)

I wear everything from a 36mm Day-Date, 37mm 6265 and a 42mm Offshore. While the differences are of a wide range of sizes, the Offshore doesn't wear completely ridiculous...

Basis of comparison...

SS 1803

IMG_5522a.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg

42mm PO

IMG_5596.jpg

Chronopassion V3

IMG_6121.jpg

The ROO does wear a bit tall... But this particular Ti case has decent weight despite it's profile height (which is not as severe as say, a Breitling Blacksteel)...

IMG_3548.jpg

:)

quote from rek001 over at RG

For those with 6.5" or smaller wrists - the AP RO Jumbo on bracelet, which is smaller than the diver, you can't take out enough links to size the bracelet down enough.

You have to remove a permanent link, a huge process, and even then the bracelet does not conform well to the wrist.

I'm one of those plagued with a 6.5" wrist and I would not get it with bracelet.

I believe this is true even for the ROO, can someone confirm? If true this is something to consider but donerix has you covered. Also did you stop by rckh "Diver with gen short strap" post? Probably give you a good feel for what the diver might look like on you

Cheers

Thanks for the link, it comfirms my decision for the 15300. I think the diver looks way too huge on small wrists, especially when you're used to smaller watches like me.

I would not say that the diver is too huge. I am wearing besides my orig 44mm Pam, also the cassic submariner or the daytona and since saturday, after receiving my noob factory AP Diver i have a very good comparison.

So i can say the AP neither feels nor looks too big on small wrists - and i am wearing it on the last hole :victory:

I can show you next week on tuesday or wednesday in munich :thumbsupsmileyanim: in real if you want ;)

I would not say that the diver is too huge. I am wearing besides my orig 44mm Pam, also the cassic submariner or the daytona and since saturday, after receiving my noob factory AP Diver i have a very good comparison.

So i can say the AP neither feels nor looks too big on small wrists - and i am wearing it on the last hole :victory:

I can show you next week on tuesday or wednesday in munich :thumbsupsmileyanim: in real if you want ;)

You got the pics? I really want to see how it compares.