When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first 6538

bones

Looks good, 6538 is my favorite by far (its what brought me to this forum in the first place.)

Maybe you can pick up a brevet crown from someone whose updated theirs to a more correct crown. For a build like that I wouldn't be too worried about the size being 100% but more so that its large enough and reads 'Brevet' below.

And I love the high dome on it. No reason that didn't get put on at some service point when the original owner smacked it on the side of the boat after a deep dive :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You find me a cheap source of rep 8mm crowns and I will gladly complete the modifications. It really doesn't make sense to put a $250 rep crown on a rep that only cost $70 to begin with :)

I have a rep Big Crown on my 6204 (same reason you gave!) pictured above. I'd trade it for a 5.3mm or 6mm Brevet '+' crown. Or you can get a rep big Brevet DSCF0479.jpg

from Davidsenjpn, last I heard about $50, and I get left out again...

You find me a cheap source of rep 8mm crowns and I will gladly complete the modifications. It really doesn't make sense to put a $250 rep crown on a rep that only cost $70 to begin with :)

Love the build! Congrats! Can you share where you sourced this baby? Didn't know they were making cheap 6538 rep with the "correct" coin edge bezel!!! I want one of these now!

Is it the correct size, i.e 36 or 38mm, never remember which is the correct size a 6538 should be?

Love the build! Congrats! Can you share where you sourced this baby? Didn't know they were making cheap 6538 rep with the "correct" coin edge bezel!!! I want one of these now!

Is it the correct size, i.e 36 or 38mm, never remember which is the correct size a 6538 should be?

Source was Silix-Prime in the Economy Watch section under Rolex > Submariners. I measured it roughly the other day with my brass calipers and I think it was 38mm but wont have a chance to measure again for some time.

As far as Crowns are concerned I had also had a look at the rep Brevets over on Homageforum and will be getting some ordered soon(ish). I just need the other tools to be able to install a new crown in a case which I currently don't have at this moment.

I just need the other tools to be able to install a new crown in a case which I currently don't have at this moment.

You may be pleasantly surprised when the parts arrive. It might be that the tube will screw right into your case. I've had this happen, but still needed to relieve the case a bit so the "taper" of the tube could penetrate into the case a little bit.

Hello Mister DeWalt cordless drill, and problem solved. 5 minutes, max.

Good luck! Remember, if you venture into modding your case, you get one chance to do it right.