When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking of buying my First Panerei

Steve52

Hey all you PAM fans! I'm thinking about buying my first PAM (111M from Joshua) and am looking for some advice. I really like the looks of the watch, but I'm afraid of the size and the bling factor.

Here's what I have so far:

Ebel BTR

Ebel Discovery

UPO Chrono

UPO Franeken (lots of mods, almost a Gen. I LOVE this watch!)

IWC InGenuier

Thoughts on the 111M? Sounds like it has it all, but is that just hype?

I'm thinking of the 111M with rubber strap, but not sure. Opinions?

How's the bling factor? I'm a pretty conservative 54 year old, so too much bling will be bad.

Do they wear big? I'm thinking it's about the size of my Ebel BTR. I like big, but not TOO big.

Thanks all for your time and help! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Steve

Edited by Steve52

Personally mate.... its such an subjective watch to wear that the only way is to get one and see how it feels....

I personally dont find them blingy either on myself or on others.... as for size I think you will find it fine in terms of diameter but possibly thickness might make it feel bigger than it is...

However if you buy and you dont like it ... you wont have any problems selling it for near enough what you paid for it if indeed you dont get it all back... given many guys will want to avoid the customs risk etc etc .. :)

I say just get it.... I think you will be pleasantly surprised :)

And as a rep... then its one of the betterPAMs OTB mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

.................., and you'll soon feel a whirlwind of addictive desire sweep you away forever more.

Leather and whipped cream had the same effect on me !!! :)

The problem with buying your first Panerai . . . is that it won't be your last Panerai, and you'll soon feel a whirlwind of addictive desire sweep you away forever more.

That is so true...Be prepared for a severe addiction!

• 3 weeks later...

I had not seen the 177. Looked at it last night on Perfect Clones and that may be a good idea for my first PAM. I'm pretty new to PAMs and I'm amazed at how many variates there are. Just looking at the pictures it's hard to discern the differences.

Thanks for the suggestion!