When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Bought an ETA-powered 2836-2 063

tabularasa415

So, I bought a 2836-2 Tissot mov't powered rep 063 that was having some keyless works issues (problem now solved -- WOOT!). However, this thing has a pretty bad font on the datewheel. Does anyone have a datewheel I could buy or a datewheel overlay that would work for this project before I get too $$$-heavy. I want to get it relumed and make it a cool watch, but if I can't find a solution for this DW font, I don't think I want to sink the money in it for lume b/c it'll never be a super rep.

63c2.jpg

By tabularasa415 at 2011-08-01

63c1.jpg

By tabularasa415 at 2011-08-01

One of the guys on another forum said to find a Taka V2 DW. Does anyone have one of these they want to part with, or know of a solution that would work well with this movement? All help is appreciated :-)

--Jer

Oh, just saw the 2836-2 DW offerings there (with no pictures). Should I contact them to see if this is going to have the PAM font, or?

And they're sold out of both that have 2836-2 listed.

Alright guys, I've sent off an e-mail to Takashi/2geeks and haven't heard anything back yet. If one of you fine persons has one of these DWs laying in their parts bin I would gladly take it off of your hands!

The 2836 GMT doesn't exist in any real PAM but the 2892/3 and 2836 take the same wheel. However, it is very unlikely thay you'll get any datewheel with the bold PAM font for these movements without bringing a gen in for servicing with a legitimate need . Your best bet is taka or the second hand market...

Edited by Jurgenk