When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TW best Sub from BK!

irolexu

Will do and I see no harm in putting a clone in the TW and the gen dial won't fit eta but according to my watch maker buddy his 3135 fits gen dial submariner will post pics on this thread so keep checking back :)

@iRolexU You ae getting the advice of the best and the brightest in the Rolex rep world. I fail to understand why you are fixated on that movement which is nothing more than the movement you have with some stickers and decorations added that mess up the movement. If I had a TW Best Sub from the great BK, himself...with a movement that he had fitted and touched I would be happy and would not even take the back off.

I've seen people screw up a good thing, but not usually after they've been told by experts that they're going to screw up a good thing.

BTW - I want 2 gen dials at $220. Let me know the delivery charges.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@iRolexU You ae getting the advice of the best and the brightest in the Rolex rep world. I fail to understand why you are fixated on that movement which is nothing more than the movement you have with some stickers and decorations added that mess up the movement. If I had a TW Best Sub from the great BK, himself...with a movement that he had fitted and touched I would be happy and would not even take the back off.

I've seen people screw up a good thing, but not usually after they've been told by experts that they're going to screw up a good thing.

BTW - I want 2 gen dials at $220. Let me know the delivery charges.

I am only fixated on the idea if it is a TRUE 3135 CLONE so do not misquote me I do not plan on ripping out the 2836-2 I simply want to see how well this movement is. I have a jeweler going with me who spends all day working on 3135s if he says its legit I am game to buy one and spread the news of a good source. as far as dials go I believe he only has one and if so I will buy it and re-sell it on the forum but not for my cost :p but if your nice....

Remember your friends...I have been nice....as I have seen true clones in the past! :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Where are you located?

I am only fixated on the idea if it is a TRUE 3135 CLONE so do not misquote me I do not plan on ripping out the 2836-2 I simply want to see how well this movement is. I have a jeweler going with me who spends all day working on 3135s if he says its legit I am game to buy one and spread the news of a good source. as far as dials go I believe he only has one and if so I will buy it and re-sell it on the forum but not for my cost :p but if your nice....

hello friends,

I read all your discussion, I am interested in the speech for clone 3135 movement, I saw some movement clone 3135, but my impression, and assessment of my watchmaker, this movement and a ruin of 2836.

Now I understand, if you think there is a movement clone 3135 very very good same original?

I wanted to ask your help another, if there is a version with bracelet, heavy, like the original, or always very light?

tanks friends

everything felt great as far as I am concerned. the weight seemed spot on the feel was good the brushing was great. strength? I am not sure I have not put my watch under enough wear and tear to determine the strength. If you wear the watch good and dont beat it up to much I think the band will hold up just fine! good luck with your search!

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. The Bracelet on the TW Sub is much heavier than the gen 93250 Bracelet that it replicates because it has solid mid links. Gen 93250's have hollow mid links. Regardless if your "dial source" has the "Swiss" or the "Swiss T < 25" gen dials...at 110.00 please put me down for 3 of them.

Dead tritium doesn't cost alot to have SL applied.

I'm not familiar with any 3135 clone mvt. but I guess anything is possible. It seems Angus is now ofering an LV with what's being called a "3135 clone" that seems to take a gen dial (with feet intact) and gen hands. That would also put the position of the crown (height) correct per gen.....but I have no idea whether that's substantiated yet or not.

But with the TW, I personally wouldn't consider doing that. As stated earlier, some of the members that have contributed to this thread are indeed serious Rolex rep "pros" and them advising NOT to do something is most likely backed up by truth/fact/trail and error, and IS backed up by raw KNOWLEDGE!!.....if they advise against it...listen to them. CONGRATS on the arrival of your new 16610. They really don't get much better than this ( unless viewed carefully under a loupe)

Wear it well and enjoy the fact that you have the best available. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Edited by correctime

Thanks for the reply iRolexu, I appreciate the mod advice.

I also believe the WM9 "factory" has closed but, as i understand the situation from another forum, he had some WM9 parts left and it would seem you got one of those subs.

BK tells me the supply of the newer TWs , that he considers a worthy replacement to the WM9s is held up due to delivery of the dials and hands from China. I'm keen to order one as it seems to be the best sub rep out there . It comes with super lume.

Anyway, back to the original question, the new TWs have Rolex*Rolex engraving on what I think it's called a rehault that I understand was introduced around 2008? ( DONT PRETEND TO KNOW MUCH!).They also have the "flat" S " on the word Submariner which I thought was only used in the early 16610s?

Obviously if I'm correct, this detail conflict is a major "tell" on the rep?

Anyway, appreciate the input.

Cheers

You are correct regarding the engraved rehaut and the Flat "S" dial being of different time date eras. As for being a "major tell"...perhaps, but most likely only to those you hand your watch over to for close inspection: and then only to those that know enough of Rolex history to know what dial, what year, when engraved rehaut was introduced, etc.( which is probably like 1 in 50,000 people, believe it or not.) Many of us tend to fret over details that can only be seen or realized under VERY close inspection and/or under the loupe.

Easy sollution...while having the dial/hands SL'd, have the rehaut engraving removed. I wouldn't do that myself because the BK/TW is among a rare few that the engraving is actually "perfectly" aligned". That in itself is very cool...to me. And so is the "Zubmariner" dial.

Edited by correctime

hopefully good friend, I really am very curious to know :thumbsupsmileyanim:

about the bracelet, I mean bracialet steel 16610, to find out if they are as heavy as the original, or bracelets are the usual light?

The TW rep Bracelet is heavier...it has solid mid links. But it's a substantial bracelet and feels VERY nice. To me it feels alot better than the gen 93250 SEL Bracelets.

• 2 weeks later...