When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

'noobmariner' Is A Classroom Hit!

NRG

Thought you fellow noobs/guys/gals might find this interesting. I had a chance to compare my 16610 from TTK, the so called ‘noobmariner’ against a gen today.

I’m currently on an internal company training course in the USA and my US boss (I have a UK and a US report) was wearing a gen 16610. We got talking and I asked if I could have a look and showed him the ‘noobmariner’. Comparing the two was interesting, I did not let on mine was a rep until after I had a good look.

First the ‘rehaut’, my word guys you are obsessive! Yes there is a small difference but….really! It is so small that only, and I mean only under close examination would you note the difference!

Secondly, the ‘pearl’. It is larger and more ‘glossy’ on the gen but again only the obsessive would notice. The dial, hands, fonts and Cyclops where all spot on.

The straps where near enough identical. I’d already oiled the rep strap and smoothed down the sharp edges, they where identical as far as I could tell.

What was obvious though was the beat rate of the second hand, the gen being higher and therefore smoother. And the CG’s, these stood out IMHO as the most obvious difference, the gen having smaller and straighter internal and external sides than the rep. I could not tell the difference between the crowns.

Lastly the bezel rotation was smoother on the gen, but as it was a few years old this could have been down to use and slight wear.

Anyhow all this obsessive analysis was worth it! The look on his face when I told him it was a rep was a picture to behold!! He just could not believe it!! Even better was the second whammy when I told him how much it cost! Priceless!!

Thanks TTK!

if you follow ttks instructions exactly, he will respond fast. i ordered a noobmariner the other day, and i followed his directions, and he got back to me about an hour after i messaged him. very smooth, very helpful and very nice.

i think alot of people dont follow his request to his ordering process, cause he seemed pretty grateful that i did.

well my first email went pretty smooth, he answered the next day, after he told me the price and legibility to my country i sent him the paypal, tho i left the notes and subject in blank, i was reading joshua's instructions :S, i hope that didint affect. After two or three days i sent him another email to verify if he recieved the paypal, and im still in that step

any suggestions?

the only suggestion i have is to wait for it to arrive. I didnt hear from him after i sent the money as well, but to be honest, i didnt really think twice about it.

i have no doubt that we will both recieve our watches shortly. could be next week, could be in 3, but i think they'll come, ttk's is a very well known and trusted dealer, so just put your feet up and enjoy the anxiety that comes with waiting for your new baby to arrive :)