When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Breitling leather strap stinks!

Krister

Hi guys,

Yesterday I received my first replica watch, a V3 Skyland. I dig it! It looks awesome and it has that serious weight to it that makes it feel like a gen :) And it gives my left arm a real workout, jk :) I want to write a review on it. It´ll be my first review and it will be from the standpoint of a total noob, but hey, it might be entertaining at least, hehe.

I bought it together with a ss bracelet and a black leather strap that has "Breitling Manufacturé en Suisse 22-20 120, 435X" etc on it. I´m writing all that so that you may be able to recognize which one it is I´m talking about.

The thing is though that this morning when I walked into our bathroom it smelled like mold in there. The same smell as you find in old cabins or in houses with really, really, really old people living :D I could´t find the source of the smell, so I just put on the watch, did my routine and went to work. After a couple of hours, with the mold-smell following me, I finally realized that it came from the strap. It smells horribly! Have anybody in here experienced the same thing with a strap bought from one of the forum´s trusted dealers? What should I do? I don´t want to wear it so I had to swap back to the ss bracelet. Is there something I can do to get the smell away? Some kind of wash or something?

Thanks :) I enjoy the watch though. My boss asked me today how in the world I could afford or choose to buy an expensive watch like this when I have a 6 month old girl in the house (and when he knows that he doesn´t pay me enough to take care of her and buy a gen breitling, lol). When I told him it was a rep he didn´t believe me at first and thought I just wanted to avoid answering his question about spending all that money :D

throw it away, save the buckle

then buy a half decent replacement from BoB (www.waccex.de) swap it out and live happily ever after

+1 Life is too short to leave a smelly rep strap on your nice, new "Breitling"

BoB straps are an excellent value.

Same here. Honey tan gator print looks good

The folks around here love BoB straps, save yourself the inevitable skin rash and get yourself a mice replacement. There is nothing to do with the rep straps, they stink.

LoL @ mice replacement

no but seriously with the exception of ... o wait there are no exceptions

when it comes to rep straps for Breitling - be it rubber or leather - i'd pick a $10 generic strap from eBay than a rep made from overpriced catgut

my latest peeve is this gen OR mounted on a rep OR clasp

the rubber is OEM so its all fine & dandy but the rep OR clasp is losing its teeth

i don't even wear this watch that much

but when i do, a watch that sits comfortably on my ulna (look it up) in the morning is sliding around by afternoon and damn near swinging all shades of slippery by evening ... all because the clasp's micro-adjusted teeth can't sit in place

Edited by chronoluvvv

my latest peeve is this gen OR mounted on a rep OR clasp

the rubber is OEM so its all fine & dandy but the rep OR clasp is losing its teeth

I didn´t understand anything of that, but it probably doesn´t apply to my "problem" :D

Thank you for your input all. I have told the dealer about it and he asked me to clean it and let it stay out in the sun. Doesn´t work. So I´ll e-mail back and see what happens. I like the BOB straps. Could you post a picture of the Skyland on the honey tan strap assimplefarmer?

Thank you for your help! I was a bit eager to get a strap so I went ahead and ordered a BoB-strap for my watch. Does it usually take a lot of time for them to process the order? I punched it through 2-3 days ago and it says that it´s "Processing". I find it weird. It didn´t take me to a payment site either. I chose that I wanted to use Paypal and the next thing was that I finished the purchase without being taken to the paypal site and without offering any paypal-info.

Thank you for your help! I was a bit eager to get a strap so I went ahead and ordered a BoB-strap for my watch. Does it usually take a lot of time for them to process the order? I punched it through 2-3 days ago and it says that it´s "Processing". I find it weird. It didn´t take me to a payment site either. I chose that I wanted to use Paypal and the next thing was that I finished the purchase without being taken to the paypal site and without offering any paypal-info.

So you haven't actually paid yet? Maybe have a look on eBay. They're from the same guy (BoB) and a touch cheaper that the WACCEX website.