When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help a new to Replica to Buy the first Omega

nvlass

Hello to everyone, now and about 3 days I am reading so much about replicas and also about watches in general.

Now I am thrilled, never in my life I had this feeling.

So thats why I need your help guys. I am between the 42 and 45 Planet Ocean with bracelet. From what I read in the forum this one is one of the best replica am I wrong? Is it diferent the 42 than the 45 in matter of quality?

In the attached image you can see my watch (ZODIAC NOT CLONE) and the size, do you think that 45 will be OK?

What other replicas you suggest for a newbie?

I dont like a watch that in real will cost 10000 or more I prefer that in real will cost maximum 5000 euros, It is easier I believe that somebody will believe it when I will wear it. Ok I work in a Hotel Industry as part of the management, you know suits every day but I cannot wear a watch that It actually cost 100000

I need your help guys

Thanks

post-39031-0-43377100-1312904863.jpg

What other replicas you suggest for a newbie?

Check out ByTor's reviews and especially his GUide to the best Omegas. Many other members have also posted reviews on watches.

As for suggestions - beleive me, if you enjoy this hobby like many of us, once you buy your first rep, there's no stopping.

Now I am thrilled, never in my life I had this feeling.

Is it a tingling sensation ?!?!? :)

Hi nvlass! Welcome to the fora!

There are currently 2 versions of the Planet Ocean rep.

1. The 45mm UPO (Ultimate Planet Ocean) which is the bigger, but more accurate version of the rep or the...

2. 42mm "5th Gen" Planet Ocean. Remember that this is NOT the same thing as the UPO. There is no such thing as a 42mm UPO, it's referred to as 5th gen because it's the 5th generation of replica to come out for this model. This is the one you want to get if you have a smaller wrist like me.

The 42mm version is slightly less accurate than the 45mm version but it's not so bad. If you have a big wrist, by all means get the 45mm version.

Now... onto the movements.

For this particular watch, you will find it in 3 versions. The Asian 21J aka A21J movement which is the cheapest of the 3 and will have a slightly less smooth second hand sweep.

Then comes the Asian 2824 aka ETA Clone 2824 which is a clone of a real swiss movement. This is the middle of the range as far as price goes but most people say this is the best way to go..

Finally there is the "Genuine Swiss ETA 2824" movement or "nickle plated 2824 movement" this is supposed to be an official swiss ETA movement but some people say that it's the luck of the draw so if you have money to spend, go with this option, otherwise the Asian clone is a fantastic choice.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Regards

MDS

P.S. for you I'd recommend the 45mm UPO.

Welcome to the dark side!

This will NOT be your last rep. haha

I would have recommended that you went down to the AD to try on both watches, in various strap options, and various bezel options.

Though i personally feel the 45mm PO on bracelet has way too much metal. It looks much better on rubber.