When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Affordable Rolex sub from Joshua...

Navik

Hi guys, another noob here! :)

I am looking into buying a Rolex Submariner and I have seen some at Joshua's site. I've read for a couple of days now about rep Rolexes here at the forum and I am aware that BK is the man to go to if you want a really good one. However, unfortunately, I do not have enough money to buy one from BK - but will definitely do it once I have more cash :)

Anyways, the watch I found is an inexpensive one -> http://www.1-pc8838.com/00rlss01101-2008-submariner-black-asian-2813-p-8998.html (the one for $138). He has an identical one but with Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement, however this one is almost $200 more expensive. So I have two questions that I would very much appreciate if someone could help me out with, as the search function did not help me with this.

1. How "crappy" must the Asian 2813 movement be, if the identical watch costs approx. $200 more with the Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement? Or is actually solid?

2. How well made is this watch? Obviously, it's not an "ultimate version" and will not fool a trained eye (not saying that the ultimate version will either). But how about an untrained? hehe. Is the sub for $138 worth the money or should I wait instead to get one from BK? I think after some time I will buy one from BK anyways, but now as a noob I might settle with Joshua's cheap one if it's a solid rep.

Thank you guys. I really appreciate your help!

my recommendation.

if you have never bought a rep before, try cheap one with 21J 2813 movement.

21J movements are crappy, but they are pretty good work horse and I don't think they break easily.

some says they are kinda random.. but I own few and none of them broke.

Try cheap one and see...! try second one next time for better movement!

Times Shop has the least expensive pricing on noobfactory submariners, deepseas, gmt IIc and others. The prices there will happily shock you.

They are a trusted merchant on forum RWI

Look here

and here

Wow! Those prices did happily shock me! :-) You have any first hand experience from Times Shop, or you know the through the trusted dealer section at RWI?

Thanks once again! :)

You have any first hand experience from Times Shop, or you know the through the trusted dealer section at RWI?

Look at the thread on RWI in my link. He has been selling the Noobfactory watches for these prices for over 1 year in that thread with many happy people.

I have not bought from him, since I do not want a modern Rolex except for my DSSD .. which I already have.

Look at the thread on RWI in my link. He has been selling the Noobfactory watches for these prices for over 1 year in that thread with many happy people.

I have not bought from him, since I do not want a modern Rolex except for my DSSD .. which I already have.

OK. I have read the comments about him and it seems very nice. I will definitely go for the ETA version. Thank you so much for your tip jkay! :)

Just ordered last night the 1680.We shall see how it works out.

E

So far, so good for me. The payment process was very smooth as well as the customer service so far. It was sent very fast, hopefully it will arrive fast and as in expected condition as well. I'll let everyone know.

That is so unusual ... I cant explain it. I can go to the pages I've linked, and looking at the webstore, I'm certainly not logged in.

I'd go to the RWI sales thread and ask the store owner what the deal is, if you are truly interested.

Hi guys,

I received my order from timesshop the other day. I can't comment yet on how it works as I haven't tested it for a longer time.

So far I am satisfied with the timesshop, and Jamie (the one I emailed with) replied kindly and fast on every email. Shipping was fast (about a week or so) and service was good. However, I didn't really like the watch as much as I expected, but my gf did so she got it. Personally, I think the bracelet wasn't of high quality. Although it's stainless steel it kind of had that plastic feeling about it. And I suppose there are better rep bracelets as my watch was very inexpensive. Anyways I'll add some pictures so anyone that wants to buy from timesshop knows what it looks like. Btw, the lume on the pictures is pretty good but it does NOT last long. On my pictures I had the watch under a lamp for about 10-15 seconds, but the lume disappeared within a couple of minutes.

Let me know if anyone wants any more info

post-37030-0-68582100-1314302493.jpg

post-37030-0-77695200-1314302527.jpg

post-37030-0-88064400-1314302567.jpg

post-37030-0-39546700-1314302770.jpg

Kontic: there are many ways to improve the feeling of a replica steel bracelet. First smooth off the rough edges with a woman's nail file (emery board), then wash the bracelet thoroughly with soap and water to get the machine grit and metal junk washed out.

Then dry the bracelet and apply dry-style bicycle chain lubricant to the bracelet .. and wipe off the excess ... I guarantee it will feel 100x times better after this.

Part of buying a replica is doing some work for yourself to finish the watch.

And regarding lume .. even genuine lume disappears after a few minutes in a lighted room!! It is meant to be visible in the dark for 7 hours .. not in the lighted room! But that aside, this is common for replica lume, and it will never be as powerful as the real lume.

Kontic: there are many ways to improve the feeling of a replica steel bracelet. First smooth off the rough edges with a woman's nail file (emery board), then wash the bracelet thoroughly with soap and water to get the machine grit and metal junk washed out.

Then dry the bracelet and apply dry-style bicycle chain lubricant to the bracelet .. and wipe off the excess ... I guarantee it will feel 100x times better after this.

Part of buying a replica is doing some work for yourself to finish the watch.

And regarding lume .. even genuine lume disappears after a few minutes in a lighted room!! It is meant to be visible in the dark for 7 hours .. not in the lighted room! But that aside, this is common for replica lume, and it will never be as powerful as the real lume.

Thank you so much for the tip! I will definitely give it a try :) And regarding the lume, I did of course try it out in a completely dark room. Still, it was significantly decreased after only 5-6 minutes. If I'm not mistaken it was almost completely gone within 10 minutes. But hey, you get what you pay for! :)

Thanks again for the tip!