When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK -> Don't believe the hype?

ghost

I posted a similar thread on RG but for some inexplicable reason i'm unable to access RG..

I'm in BKK and going to MBK everyday. Other than Nah Piek, the rest of the shoppes seem to stock the el cheapo stuff (not unlike what one would find in Patpong)?

Anybody knows if there's anything worth getting here? As for Nah Piek, they seem to be a one-trick pony? A couple of pateks and rollies is all.... Damn. I was really looking forward to squandering my baht!

Unless you count cheap food and tailor-made shirts! Those seem ok...but reps-wise is a real let-down/ blue balls situation for me! I came armed with a lotta baht to squander (having amassed them over the years...before i got into reps)...alas i'll have to spend it on cheap women and wine!

Think about it guys. Almost all good old Rolex stuff is gone. WM9 watches are gone, old school MBW is gone, Noobfactory classics (ExpII, GMT 16710) are gone...

There's only those new ugly Rolex models available (repped) now. :thumbdown:

Nah Piek never was the 'Costco of Super Reps' oft imagined

Dreams of sauntering along stocked shelves of mouth watering watches while engaging in knowledgeable rep waffle with the proprietor, are just that...misinformed dreams :rolleyes:

Squeezing information and or watches out of 'old grumpy' himself (or heaven forbid, his sister)is as good as it gets at that couple o' square meters of hallowed rep ground

:bicycle:

This is why people like Narikaa do such a great service to the community. They go it there, establish relationships and get the GOOD STUFF for us at a reasonable price

You just can't walk into S.E. Asia and do what the Collectors do. You aren't trusted by the wholesalers. You may get lucky ... but what are the chances of that?

If you are serious about going there and trying to choose from a big pile of watches .. ask a trusted dealer here to meet you in person. There are a few I can think of off who have done this many times. Meet up with one of our famous dealers, go to lunch, and see a big pile of watches .. and buy some of them. Fun and easy.