When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

accurate PAM00214?

PPN

Hey guys, been reading this forum quite a bit, but first time post. Lots of great stuff here!

Does anyone know if an accurate version of the PAM00214 Radiomir is out? Or does anyone have one that could share their thoughts? Where could I find one?

Thanks in advance.

post-39269-0-96634500-1313374566.jpg

I have both a 288 and 214 from angus. They are exactetly the same quality. The only differance is I like the face of the 214 more. Because the 214 has an open back and obvious the mechanism is vissable it is not so much loved. If I would consider selling one it woild be the 288

I have both a 288 and 214 from angus. They are exactetly the same quality. The only differance is I like the face of the 214 more. Because the 214 has an open back and obvious the mechanism is vissable it is not so much loved. If I would consider selling one it woild be the 288

Thanks for replying, lomberto. I tend to agree - I like the dial of the 214 a little more as well.

But is it true that the split second function on the 214 rep is non-functional? The button at the 7 position is only cosmetic?

Thanks for replying, lomberto. I tend to agree - I like the dial of the 214 a little more as well.

But is it true that the split second function on the 214 rep is non-functional? The button at the 7 position is only cosmetic?

as far as I am aware of, there is no functioning rep movement with split-seconds!

yes i forgot to mention that the split second is a faux. It doesn't bother me and I have asked my watch maker to take off the second second hand for it looks funny from the side. I must say that the face is much, much nicer than the 288. I have both and will probable keep both, but definatly the 214 will stay in my colection

yes i forgot to mention that the split second is a faux. It doesn't bother me and I have asked my watch maker to take off the second second hand for it looks funny from the side. I must say that the face is much, much nicer than the 288. I have both and will probable keep both, but definatly the 214 will stay in my colection

So what does the split second hand do on the rep 214?

Its justs moves with the second hand. They are actually one piece joined at the back. My watchmaker cut it loose and lubricated the watch, it is now super accurate

Ah, I see. Very nice.

How's the AR on your 214? There's no blue tint, right? Must look beautiful.

Personally I would go for the 288K due to the faux pusher at 7 on the rattrapante reps. To me, having a fully working rep is important though so the lack of the working second hand would drive me mad.

The 288K is an amazing rep that very rarely leaves my wrist as it looks perfect. I purchased it from Andrew @trustytime a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I spent the extra $100 and got the "gen" croc strap which, paired with the deployant it comes with, looks incredible.

The other option could be either the 212I or the 253I which are made by the same factory and both are apparently as good as the 288.

BTW the AR on the 288 is crystal clear and the lume is very bright.

Edited by Mills

Personally I would go for the 288K due to the faux pusher at 7 on the rattrapante reps. To me, having a fully working rep is important though so the lack of the working second hand would drive me mad.

The 288K is an amazing rep that very rarely leaves my wrist as it looks perfect. I purchased it from Andrew @trustytime a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I spent the extra $100 and got the "gen" croc strap which, paired with the deployant it comes with, looks incredible.

The other option could be either the 212I or the 253I which are made by the same factory and both are apparently as good as the 288.

BTW the AR on the 288 is crystal clear and the lume is very bright.

Thanks for your feedback. Although the 212 and 253 are beautiful models, for this particular purchase, I'm looking for a Rad model.

Got any pictures of your 288? :-)

I prefer the 214! I have scored a gen dial for it so it's leaving very soon to my watchmaker!

I understand that people are not going for the "rattrapante" version, but how many time do you think a gen owner is playing with that pusher? The opencaseback, I don't care it's on my wrist so nobody sees it!

Taken fresh today so excuse the iPhone blurriness. I think the crown on the Radiomir is far more elegant than the standard Panerai CG. Apparently the Black Seal is also an amazing rep if PVD is your thing.

post-10802-0-72370100-1313651183.jpg

Beautiful! I am very well have to place and order for that today!

I prefer the 214! I have scored a gen dial for it so it's leaving very soon to my watchmaker!

I understand that people are not going for the "rattrapante" version, but how many time do you think a gen owner is playing with that pusher? The opencaseback, I don't care it's on my wrist so nobody sees it!

I agree about the pusher at the 8 position. But what's wrong with the open caseback? I thought they had a good replica of the movement and rotor, no?

I believe the "gen" 288 has an in-house movement & does NOT look anything like the ETA 7750???

does anyone know on the PAM 288 Ultimate, the Asian 7750 movement is the "old modified" from the A7750 movement (running sec @ 9 o'clock) that could potentially have problems in the future as it's NOT correctly "geared".

is that correct???

I believe the "gen" 288 has an in-house movement & does NOT look anything like the ETA 7750???

does anyone know on the PAM 288 Ultimate, the Asian 7750 movement is the "old modified" from the A7750 movement (running sec @ 9 o'clock) that could potentially have problems in the future as it's NOT correctly "geared".

is that correct???

Yes, the gen 288 has an in-house OPXII movement. But it also has a closed caseback, so it's not on display.

I was actually wondering more about the 214 since it does have a display caseback. Does anyone know how far off it is from the gen? I've only been able to look at web pics, but from what I can see it's not too far off...

• 2 weeks later...

The movement in the rep 214 looks nothing like the gen. For starters, it doesn't have that cool double column wheel (the blue fan thing) and there is absolutely no ornamental engraving anywhere on the rep movement. (except the rotor) The rep A7750 doesn't have a fine tune adjustment either. It's probably the cheapest A7750 I've ever seen. It doesn't bother me since I am not going to take it off and hand the watch to anybody.

gen:

opxviii.jpg

I wish there was a rattrapante A7753 movement that could be purchased from an online store.. that would be cool. :)

Edited by nix