When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6239 Albino

BigNickD

We just went thru the pusher deal on DW cases a month or so ago. The jist of the deal is that the DW pushers vary slightly from the Rolex/Ofrei pushers, so it's not an easy swap. If they're working, you might want to leave them alone.

On the crystal, you might need to sand the inside of the bezel to fit over the gen crystal (or any good aftermarket one for that matter). DW's crystals are about .2mm too small in the OD.

I fit a gen bracelet on one of my DW cases, no problem, fit beautifully. But mine had 571 end pieces. If you have Daytona end pieces, you should be OK.

I agree with your order. A gen is best, but any aftermarket Tropic 21 will be a big improvement over DW's crappy crystal. Try a Sternkreuz if you want an old-style dome, or J&K for the later, beveled T21. A genuine 6mm crown will look and feel better than DW's, and shouldn't be too expensive. If you can't afford 571 endlinks, look for 357s (integrated), 257s (removable), or the 361s that are commonly found on 7835s from Hong Kong.