When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Safari

PPN

Been thinking about getting a ROO recently, and the Safari is one of the models at the top of the list. Been looking at the ones from the usual top sellers and everything looks pretty good. I did have a couple concerns, though.

One is whether the color of the dial is repped correctly. The gen is a light cream color shade - I'm worried that the rep is too yellowish (from the pictures, anyway). Second is the quality and finish of the brown hornback straps. I've read that some members aren't impressed by the fit and finish of the rep straps.

Anyone here have experience or own a Safari? I'd sure appreciate your comments, thanks.

Watch is Great , strap is not calsp is fine though and I have reused it

This thread shows a good example http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/135618-diving-safari/page__pid__999726#entry999726

Here is mine on HKTan horn back

pb144362.jpg

Dial cream off white, not sure where you get the too yellow from?

p9044176.jpg

They are a big classy watch

Go for it

Thanks for sharing the pictures, yours looks great. I actually thought the rep hornback straps come with AP clasp?

Here is the picture from one seller I was talking about, dial looks very yellow:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/aap10011-royal-chronograph-ssle-safari-a7750-sec12-pi-6975.html?image=0

Nice! I always want one but too afraid of the second at 12 movements :)

Well, I'm just curious as to how often we really hear about problems with the sec@12 movement? Is it really that prone to failure?

I know the CP model is also very popular here, and I believe it runs on the same movement. Haven't heard too many problems there...

If anything, I think the rep dial is too white and not creamy enough. But guys, unless you run into someone with a Safari -- no one will know!

Well that's the thing: I'm looking at the stock photo and catalog photo right now. It almost looks as if the dial is white. If you didn't have the sub-dials to compare to, you'd actually think the dial was white. I remember also trying this on at the AD, but don't recall noticing the dial overly yellow.

I still recall the Safari had a plain white dial when it was first released. Obviously this has been improved in the latest version, surely now I can see a creamy dial with white subdials. This makes the model to be one of the my next seriously considered purchase, but then now they have the Diver which is so stunningly finished..........

I still recall the Safari had a plain white dial when it was first released. Obviously this has been improved in the latest version, surely now I can see a creamy dial with white subdials. This makes the model to be one of the my next seriously considered purchase, but then now they have the Diver which is so stunningly finished..........

Haha, yeah. I've had my eye on that one, too. That rotating inner ring is amazing.