When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Safari just arrived :D

Hi Guys.

First time post so if ive done anything wrong sorry!

Just thought I would show you guys my first rep, its a AP Safari from Andrew at trusty time. Excellent service and only 5 days postage from china to UK!!

Awesome watch.

The quality is amazing and im really pleased. The strap is a little bit plasticy but I will get a proper HKtan one as soon as I can afford it!

This website is awesome, so friendly and so much information on here.

Anyway here are the pics. done on my BB so they arnt very good quality.

post-38939-0-19969400-1313585100.jpgpost-38939-0-53519800-1313585076.jpgpost-38939-0-58013600-1313585228.jpgpost-38939-0-35445000-1313585186.jpgpost-38939-0-65977800-1313585158.jpg

Congrats on this one! I've got my eyes set it this model as well, so I'd be really interested to hear more of your thoughts and comments on the fit and finish of this APROO.

From your pictures, the dial does not look too yellow at all, which was one of my concerns from the pictures on the website.

Am I correct to assume that the DW seems to be more to the left, as per gen, than a V2? Just seems to look more gen-like than the versions I've seen prior, maybe just me.

May I ask the size of your wrist and how you think it wears in comparison to other watches similar in size? Could you measure the lug to lug length?

All APROO has the same flaw of having the date window sit far on the right. This is default and can't be changed......at least till today. You'll never know though, the Chinese can now clone the 7753.............

And the good thing about Safari is that you don't have to care about the relume, this really is a good bonus.

Edited by bertieng

Hi, thanks for your questions and comments

Im not sure about the DW, it does look slightly more to the left but I don’t think there is much in it. It may just the photo.

The overall quality and feel of the watch is stunning, I have had a few replicas over the years (hublot F1, Rolex Sub, Rolex Daytona,) and this is in a different league!! VERY classy. B)

If I wasn’t aware of the specific things that give AP reps away (DW, offset crown, and thickness) I wouldn’t be able to tell.

The off white dial is spot on too, I agree on trusty's website the pictures look very 'yellow' but in person and in my pictures it looks like the gen. ie Cream off white

As for comfort…. It’s Not the comfiest watch I have ever worn by a long shot. I like to have my watches firmly planted on my wrist and don’t like them slopping all over the shop.

To accomplish this, the deployment really digs in to your wrist and after an hour is un-comfy. Obviously this isn’t the rep, it’s just the design of the deployment. See the picture below, this was 30 mins after taking the watch off!

It is no where near as comfy as a Daytona, but then you wouldn’t expect such a big thick watch to be.

Don’t get me wrong im not winging about it! Rather just trying to give you an idea of what it’s like to wear.

I have also attached a picture of the watch next to a Hublot F1 and a U-boat ‘Style’ watch to give an Idea of size.

Any more questions, fire away.

Andrew

post-38939-0-76474000-1313661730.jpgpost-38939-0-00645000-1313661782.jpgpost-38939-0-88705200-1313661791.jpgpost-38939-0-30476200-1313661810.jpgpost-38939-0-29263000-1313661826.jpg

@Lando

Could you measure the length of the strap, short and long end? Probably better fit if you go with a short length strap for the deployant buckle since it would move the deployant buckle to the bottom of your wrist better. How big is your wrist? Anyways, would be nice to know the length of the strap. Thanks.

Edited by squashlovernk

All APROO has the same flaw of having the date window sit far on the right. This is default and can't be changed......at least till today. You'll never know though, the Chinese can now clone the 7753.............

And the good thing about Safari is that you don't have to care about the relume, this really is a good bonus.

Sorry, but what do you mean? Why wouldn't you need to care about reluming particularly on the Safari model?

If I wasn’t aware of the specific things that give AP reps away (DW, offset crown, and thickness) I wouldn’t be able to tell.

I read about how the crown is not offset like on the gen. But what are the differences in the datewheel and thickness?

Great watch. I would guess (and it is a guess) that that particular version has a steeper tachy ring to reveal more of the edges of the dial and make the date appear to move more to the left (closer to gen). But someone else can pile in. Watch looks great. I got that same strap with a white themes and you definitely should upgrade the strap when funds permit. Most importantly, it looks great. Wear it well. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great watch. I would guess (and it is a guess) that that particular version has a steeper tachy ring to reveal more of the edges of the dial and make the date appear to move more to the left (closer to gen). But someone else can pile in. Watch looks great. I got that same strap with a white themes and you definitely should upgrade the strap when funds permit. Most importantly, it looks great. Wear it well. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Can anyone comment on exactly how far off the rep datewheels are off from the gens? I've been looking at pictures, and I can't find what everyone is talking about. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place...?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your comments and tips.

@squashlovernk

Thanks for the tip on the strap size, I will try and get a smaller one :good: The strap lengths are: Long = 105mm Short = 70mm

@PPN

you don’t have to worry about re-lume as the safari model has no lume on the numbers or hands!

@Watchmeister

Thanks, I really wanted to talk to someone that had a real croc strap to check it was worth the money in their opinion :good: cheers

@PNN

The date wheel thing is basically the gap between the side of the watch face and the edge of the date wheel. On the rep the date wheel is virtually touching the side of the watch and on the real one there is about a 1.5mm offset. See pic below: The red arrow shows the area that is smaller on the rep.

Has anyone managed to mod the pushers yet? Maybe swapped them to gen? The pushers on Rep ROO’s always seem to have the wrong radius on the round. ?? See Blue circles on pic below:

Thanks again for all the tips chaps :drinks:

post-38939-0-90565600-1314007726.jpg

@PNN

The date wheel thing is basically the gap between the side of the watch face and the edge of the date wheel. On the rep the date wheel is virtually touching the side of the watch and on the real one there is about a 1.5mm offset. See pic below: The red arrow shows the area that is smaller on the rep.

Has anyone managed to mod the pushers yet? Maybe swapped them to gen? The pushers on Rep ROO’s always seem to have the wrong radius on the round. ?? See Blue circles on pic below:

Thanks again for all the tips chaps :drinks:

post-38939-0-90565600-1314007726.jpg

Awesome - this is exactly what I was trying to find out. Thanks for pointing out these differences to me.

On the other hand, though, I must say I was a little disappointed to find out that the "ultimate" version still had some minor flaws... :wounded1: