When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland question

hnl2pdx

So I've been looking at different trusted dealers here and I found an "ULTIMATE" Skyland that I wanted to pick up from timesshop. Now my question is, is this really an "ULTIMATE" version? It says it's a "1:1 final ultimate version" so I just wanted your opinions on if I should pull the trigger or not? Thanks in advance.

---> link to the page with info and pics My link

MOVEMENT: ASIAN 7750 WORKING CHRONOGRAPH 28800BPH

THICKNESS: 19.2MM

DIAL COLOR: GRAPHITE(GRAY)

CASE MATERIAL: STAINLESS STEEL 316L

BRACELET: STAINLESS STEEL 316L

FRONT GLASS: SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL WITH DOUBLE AR

OTHER: WATER RESISTANT

BEZEL: UNI-DIRECTIONAL BEZEL ANTI-CLOCKWISE

OTHER: PUSH 2:00 BUTTON TO STARTS AND STOPS CHRONOGRAPH

OTHER: PUSH 4:00 BUTTON TO RE-SET CHRONOGRAPH

OTHER: SECOND HAND AT 9:00 SUBDIAL

BACK: SOLID STEEL BACK CASE WITH INDIVIDUAL SERIAL NUMBERS

EIGHT: 238G

br8917---breitling-ultimate-skyland-avenger-graphite-dial-ssss---asian-7750-28800bph.jpg

Edited by hnl2pdx

So I've been looking at different trusted dealers here and I found an "ULTIMATE" Skyland that I wanted to pick up from timesshop. Now my question is, is this really an "ULTIMATE" version? It says it's a "1:1 final ultimate version" so I just wanted your opinions on if I should pull the trigger or not? Thanks in advance.

---> link to the page with info and pics My link

MOVEMENT: ASIAN 7750 WORKING CHRONOGRAPH 28800BPH

THICKNESS: 19.2MM

DIAL COLOR: GRAPHITE(GRAY)

CASE MATERIAL: STAINLESS STEEL 316L

BRACELET: STAINLESS STEEL 316L

FRONT GLASS: SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL WITH DOUBLE AR

OTHER: WATER RESISTANT

BEZEL: UNI-DIRECTIONAL BEZEL ANTI-CLOCKWISE

OTHER: PUSH 2:00 BUTTON TO STARTS AND STOPS CHRONOGRAPH

OTHER: PUSH 4:00 BUTTON TO RE-SET CHRONOGRAPH

OTHER: SECOND HAND AT 9:00 SUBDIAL

BACK: SOLID STEEL BACK CASE WITH INDIVIDUAL SERIAL NUMBERS

EIGHT: 238G

br8917---breitling-ultimate-skyland-avenger-graphite-dial-ssss---asian-7750-28800bph.jpg

Looks good. It appears to be a V2. There are 3 versions of these watches.. the V2 is arguably the slightly more accurate.. but the differences are MINISCULE. The biggest tell is the "1" numerals on the bezel. But other than that, theyre virtually unnoticeable. (at least to me anyways).

It looks like a V2.. if you have any doubts, just contact the dealer and ask him directly if this is a V2 or V3 skyland.

Yes, it's the v2. Very nice rep. I've owned plenty of reps but have kept only 4. Skyland v2 is one of my "fab four".

Yes, By-Tor, I read your review earlier today and it's what got me really looking at the Skyland. I was leaning toward a Navitimer but once I read your review, I was sold on the Skyland. So the $238 price tag, is that reasonable?

Sounds very reasonable. It's a great, great rep. People always complain about the lume dots but I never understood this. If you get decent dots, you won't be able to see the problems with a naked eye. Same people who complain about the Skyland dots completely ignore that the "super rep" v3 BCE has huge, chewing-gum like green lume tabs. :thumbdown:

I will never sell my Skyland.

Yes, By-Tor, I read your review earlier today and it's what got me really looking at the Skyland. I was leaning toward a Navitimer but once I read your review, I was sold on the Skyland. So the $238 price tag, is that reasonable?

shop around.

I got my V2 brand new on a special deal from hont for $180. (granted I have a blacksteel (look in my avatar). I think several dealers sell them for around 200.... at least I THOUGHT..

shop around.

I got my V2 brand new on a special deal from hont for $180. (granted I have a blacksteel (look in my avatar). I think several dealers sell them for around 200.... at least I THOUGHT..

That black is nice! Does Breitling make a gen in black? And $180 sounds great but I can't seem to find one at that price?!

That black is nice! Does Breitling make a gen in black? And $180 sounds great but I can't seem to find one at that price?!

Yes the Genuine is a limited edition of 2000 pieces. The official name is called the Avenger Skyland Blacksteel edition. It's a DLC coated (diamond like carbon) Skyland avenger. The rep has the same specs as gen and is utterly scratch resistant. Cool coating and very bold look. It's one of my fav watches. When I bought mine 2 years ago it was on sale through hont for $180. I got a REAL steal. but i'm not sure the blacksteel V2's can be found for that now. From what I understand they're a bit difficult to find. The V3 blacksteel is great and can be found through any dealer. the V2 might be a little harder

IMG_1325.jpg

WOAH!! nevermind!! FORGET THE PRICE I TOLD YOU!

haha.. I just checked my emails with hont.. and the awesome deal I got was $280 with shipping included!! for back in the day, the price was excellent and at least 50 bucks cheaper than everyone else!

Sorry about the confusion!

Ok, so is this a V2 or V3 in your opinion? I love the rubber and this one is $210 at Silix. Hmm...

bres071.JPG

This is a V3. Very NICE! I'd say go for it. The V2 has a "1" on the bezel with a serif that is clearly angled (imagine a "1" composed of 2 lines: middle and top).

The V3 has a "1" composed of a single line and a triangle at the top of the, rather than another line. Not sure if that makes any sense. There might be one other tell.. but that's the biggest one. The V3s from what I've seen tend to also have better and more evenly applied lume dots. Plus they're a bit less expensive! Go for it! you won't be disappointed. Both the V2 and V3 are 98% close to the original in terms of dimensions, weight, feel, engravings..

Hey, thanks for all the help and replies, guys! I really appreciate it. Now I'm torn between the V2 and V3 models. Geez, who thought shopping for a rep would be so complicated? And if anyone knows of a V2 or V3 for <$200, I'd appreciate it if you could post a link. Thanks again!

You can't go wrong with a skyland. I have attached a Pic of my v3.

I'd shop around or go to an 'indie' dealer. I got mine for 180 bucks from sead. The v2 comes at a premium because of the bezel and the ar coating. But the dials and lume jobs on the v3 are generally better.

Edited by urbanshogun

not sure anyone has said this yet - but be sure you see pix of the exact watch you are getting from any dealer/seller...

last i knew - there are limited quantities of v2 models available - if not, sold out...the timeshop price is terrific - almost tooo good to be true...v2s were definitely closer to $300usd total cost...

typically v2 models sell for more than v3 models...

R-

• 2 weeks later...

The V3 is a brilliant rep. I've had mine for just over 2 years now, black dial. The quality is amazing for the price, I can't think of any other reps which have the same fit and finish at a similar price point. I originally wanted the charcoal dial but it was out of stock, I'm happy with my black :)