When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice on a Valjoux 726 needed

Valty

Hello RWG :)

I will buy a Valjoux 726 soon, and I need some advice about the movement.

I have 2 photos of it, and wanted to know if everything seems good on it !

If you have any remark, please let me know :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Do you know if it will fit correctly on a Phong's case ?

Thanks !

R.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Movement looks fine, however I always feel a little more confident buying such things when I can see images of the balance in motion as well as the hands advancing in sequential images. of course, this is no guarantee on time keeping ability, but at least you'll know that the watch runs (which is good indication that if there's anything wrong with the watch's performance, it can likely be resolved with a service/overhaul that hopefully does not require any parts replacement).

One other thing to note- You will need some movement tabs to secure the movement into the case you swap it into. Right now, there are some case screws that appear to be locking/holding the movement to that spacer ring... In a 6263/5 case, that ring won't be of any use to you.

Hello LHOOQ && Ubi ! :)

Thanks for the quick answers !

The seller said to me it's one of the last v72 produced, so I believe there is no problem about that.

For the movement, I have asked the seller to make me a video of the watch with the chrono started, I will post it when I have it !

According to the seller, the movement have been serviced 2 years ago, and the watch have not been used so much since this servicing...

Where can I source movement tabs ?

Thanks !

R.

Maybe it's just the perspective of the photos, but something doesn't look right between the two photos in the circled area. In one the missing screw looks deep beneath the plane of the balance. In the other photo it looks flush to the spacer ring.

post-32-0-62960800-1313769777.jpg

post-32-0-40461900-1313769788.jpg

That's the mounting point for a movement tab/screw. There's 4 on the V72- One set at the (roughly) 1:00 and 5:00 locations and the others at 2:00 and 8:00.

I think the effect of that particular screw hole being level and then recessed is just a matter of perception and camera/image angle. Comparing to the bridge/plate next to it, it maintains it's depth.