When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to get all black sub?

CrazyAlex

The all black Pro-Hunter series is available from all the dealers.

I've seen bamford watches around as well.

Oh I see, thank you! I thought it was a submariner and wasn't looking under "Pro-Hunter". Is it the same size as submariner or bigger like deep sea dweller? Which dealer would you recommend for it?

Edited by CrazyAlex

Oh I see, thank you! I thought it was a submariner and wasn't looking under "Pro-Hunter". Is it the same size as submariner or bigger like deep sea dweller? Which dealer would you recommend for it?

They are all Submariner based so it's the same size 40mm

Take your time in the dealer section there you can find them.

There is a company in the UK (London) which buys Rolex watches, PVD coats them black and re-sells them as Pro-Hunter watches ... you can get any modern Rolex from them in black, I believe.

Just search on a dealer site for "HUNTER" like this ---->>>> Precious Time hunter search

Or search on a dealer site for "BAMFORD" ... I got 3 hits on PT for bamford.

Just to warn you, but the hour and minute hands on the newest explorer are much fatter than on the rep you want, and would be a dead giveaway.

My guess is most of the newest explorer reps are just using the hands from the DSSD.

Here is a link for comparison.

You may want to wait a bit until the rep factories have time to correct this problem.

Or my other choice is this one:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_235&products_id=5024

e250c5597ed2e4c2e0f5e77be1b70a17.image.200x133.jpg

So I'm basically down to these two pro hunters. Which do you guys think I should go with?

One is a GMT and the other is a Submariner, so they're different watches. The red one looks like ass, so the black Sub :)

OK I guess I'll go with that black sub from trustytime. It doesn't have any glaring flaws? $328 seems a little on the low quality side...

99% of reps will inevitably have glaring, flaws, that is the name of the game.

The if the watch you do plan to get is a ceramic Sub with a DLC coating, most of these reps DLC and SS have their issues...

The hands, bezel and pearl are the most apparent flaws compared to the genuine which you can see here

And another problem that may or may not bother you is that the most recent Subs have blue lume, a detail which the cartel seems to have ignored for the most part. You can get a ceramic Sub with blue lume, whether there are DLC versions of it; I do not know.

All in all, it is just about how many compromises you are willing to make and how many flaws you are prepared to accept.

As for the DLC coating, I don't have an interest in such watches, and can't speak for their quality; but a coating at a good watch mod shop will cost ~$500 for the bezel, case and bracelet.

$328 seems a little on the low quality side...

I assume you have been overcharged a lot for replica watches. A $330 watch is a very nice watch indeed. The only reason you should be paying 500+ is if it's a Tourbillion movement.

Don't feel bad .. thats what these forums are for .. to teach you about replicas and to prevent you from being robbed of $1000 for a $200 watch.

OK I guess I'll go with that black sub from trustytime. It doesn't have any glaring flaws? $328 seems a little on the low quality side...

At the real replice world, that price is for the high quality watches!

Just buy from verified sellers on this site. They actually have the best replicas.

OK thanks guys, I'll go ahead and order that sub from Andrew @ trustytime. I don't know much about these, I have 1 rep that I got 4 years ago online (dont remember website) and I paid about 500 bucks for it. I can't tell a difference between these reps and the real one lol

rolexu.jpg

Edited by CrazyAlex