When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recently finish mine Tudor 9411

hava

I love these watch...... some times i try to buy one in Ebay but it goes....in the last minute.

After i decided make a franken one, i will get reduce a little the price....

First i get a gen dial and gen tritium hands and in theory a gen insert.

After buy a Sandoz to canibalize to get a ETA 2784......

The next step was decided wich case use. First try use a case from new 5513 from Cartel, i assembled all but the insert was bigger, and too i have the case with the wrong identification text.

Then i need to decide beetween Yuki, NDT or Phong. The price in these case was similar between Yuki and Phong, and i decided use Phong.

Phong sent me a incorrect case, that has wrong identification text, but he fix the error asap, and sent a new one (take less than week).

The dial fit perfect in ETA 2784 and no fit in 2824, but the have a problem with the hands.

The hour and minute hands fit perfect in 2784 but seconds hands not fit.

Then i goes to mine watchsmith, to mount it, after two days he can fit the seconds hands, it need to modify to fit (make bigger). These make me thing if the hands are really gen or maybe if Rolex modify the seconds pinion....really i don´t know. But mine watchsmith broke the tritium of the hands, and the watch stopped. At these moment when i saw mine watch with all the tritium off, i think to "kill" or maybe "cry"......but i understand that these are very delicate....and learn one lection change mine watchsmith.

Then i goes other watchsmith......to fix it. Then he relumed the hands and service the movement. And for put the "in theory" gen insert need to use a dremmel, and when make these make the line that you see in the insert.... (i can assume because give some aging aspect....).

At home i change the plexi from josh for a Clark one (116). And put a tritium pearl that one seller of ebay gift me when buy other thing.

I need to change the datewheel, but after of these hard work..... and the work of the destroyer watchsmith....maybe prefer not change.

Now the pics...

tudor7.jpg

tudor5.jpg

tudor4.jpg

tudor3.jpg

tudor2.jpg

And now i think in mine next project i need to choose between 1665 sultan dial or milgauss 6541/Rolex 6536/Rolex 6538.......the big question case from Yuki, NDT or Phong.....

That's a great build!

If you decide to fix the insert later, you can get aftermarket bezels and inserts that fit together, and then member JMB can do magic making them snap onto the watch.

The Clark's t-19 is not a bad deal. I actually like it better than the Ofrei (unit, which for a service crystal is not bad, but lacks that "domed effect" ). Should be interesting. Now I want to build one, and leave the Rose Tudor dial for someone else.

E