When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting Story About Genuine Pam 203

t

i have talked last days about genuine PAM 203 with one of my trusty customers from USA.

he has a genuine PAM from special made for Egyptian and call as GPF 2/56 and made in the 1950´s with only 50 worldwide. It is about 60 mm diameter with Angelus 240 movement with 8 day power reserve. It is worth about $110,000 if you can find one.

he has also genuine PAM 203 with angelus movement. Only 150 examples made. Panerai has found 200 old angelus movements in his basement. 50 movements are in reserve and 150 build in PAM 203. For this watch you must send panerai your personal panerai collector story. He told me: They sold originally for $28,000 but several people are advertising them for about $100,000. :Jumpy:

His 203 Panerai actually runs almost 10 days on one wind.

He has also PAM with new PAM manufactur movement in white gold and platin. BOTH :Jumpy:

damn this is a lucky panerai collector

BTW, what people like on 203? Why get anybody 100.000$ for this watch:

look here: movement is very rare but looks simple???

what an ugly movement. I would never pay so much just because something is "rare". In the end the item has got to be an example of exquisite beauty which this one clearly is not.

It seems that money might be more abundant and easier to get than water for this particular collector, but I would tend to agree with you.

what an ugly movement. I would never pay so much just because something is "rare". In the end the item has got to be an example of exquisite beauty which this one clearly is not.

To my eye this has exquisite beauty..and is rare to boot.

The 203 is a hommage to a watch that was made in the 30's to be used as a military tool and not show pieces..like Patek's and such..

I respect your opinion but you're the first I've heard with that comment.

Most avid Pam lovers rate this movt as # 1 as I do, its simplicity and rock solid design is second to none, not to mention the 8 day power reserve.

Its also a classic mvt used in the original 6152/1..the holy grail to some of us...and to some fortunate wealthy collector..a Picasso.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

PAM127 & 217 never did it for me but 203 is something else. The colour of the dial, the lack of any wordings above the 6, and the Angelus movement did it for me. The price, however, is insane (I can only predict that the pricing for Panerai will only get worse). I would rather invest on a IWC Perpetual Calendar than this piece with that kind of money. But nevertheless, it is one of the better looking PAMs around.

How could one forget the politics behind the selection of buyers for this watch.... too messy. In some ways, the drama turned me further away from this brand - I shouldnt have let this get in the way about how I feel for the brand but it did. I agree you cant please every Panerai fan with only 150 of these around but I kinda expected someone from the HQ to speak out about this when this issue was brought up ..... I might probe around and possibly ruffle some feathers in the upcoming Panerai event in Nov...

The angelus movt is far from ugly. IMHO this is the best looking movt out there.

Ditto CJ, well said !

Also, some tend to forget you're not paying big $$$ for a movement or a dial or a case when you buy a Panerai...but something completely different - a legend. :brow:

cheers,

babola

Whoohoo - so the CG lever is pointing upward on a production watch, anyway ! :bangin:

How could Panerai get it so wrong on their pics then, or were they pics of a prototype on their Web site - again ?! :blink:

Has anyone else noticed this ?

It looks like the rep makers got it right then with their $100 '8-days' rep with Asian 21J movt and metal caseback.

cheers,

babola

YES and some idiots post in all threads...

Heinricht Heine: Ein Kluger bemerkt alles, ein dummer macht über alles eine Bemerkung

if you not interested in this thread... why you post here????

so many "who has the best sub" threads here... please go and post :bleh:

WOW....this PAM203 with Ang movement is something which I love since the day I sell Panerais.

It is a reliable movement to boot and the the Power Reserve is good. However, from watchsmiths whom I work with...It was mentioned that never never to overwind the watch...It will cause you abomb to repair if you overwind and break the hairspring..

Andrew

WOW....this PAM203 with Ang movement is something which I love since the day I sell Panerais.

It is a reliable movement to boot and the the Power Reserve is good. However, from watchsmiths whom I work with...It was mentioned that never never to overwind the watch...It will cause you abomb to repair if you overwind and break the hairspring..

Andrew

So Andrew, when can we expect to see the Asian '8-day' Angelus reps from your guys...? :D

cheers,

babola