When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Do You Want To See As The Next Major Step In The Quality Of High End Replicas?

crystalcranium

I agree luminous abilities are poor in most replicas. That Railmaster looks reasonable though.

4th Gen Omega lume (the only decent out-of-the-box replica lume I've seen). Can't be compared to the real thing but it's decent.

136272-18144.jpg

136272-18145.jpg

First thing for me would be some quality control... there's no reason whatsoever for mis-aligned date wheels, crowns that don't pull out far enough, etc etc that just add to everyone's time and aggravation... There's just no need for it... It not only hurts the customers, but the dealers as well.

Second for meis the lume... Every watch I buy (mainly Panerai) have [censored]-poor lume and they need to go out. I'd be very happy to pay extra.

Third is REAL AR coating... I'd be happy to pay extra for that too.

If I liked gold, that would be one area that needs to be addressed too, but I don't so I'll let the gold lovers here to blow that horn.

I don't know how much weight we have in the overall scheme of things to really make the manufacturers sit up and listen, but I'll bet the dealers have some pull here.

I'd like to hear from them and see what their thoughts are on these issues... Whadya think?

Beyond the obvious stuff covered above... AR, Superlume, Datewheels, ETA7750 in chronos (the only issue holding me back from the Tag Link at the moment)... I would love to see... :Jumpy: The Perfect Sub :Jumpy: anyone know who carries it? :whistling: .... *runs for cover*

kidding.... but I would like to see a perfect 1:1 case :(

One area where I think improvements could be made is in the quality of the steel straps. My reps have been noticed by people who I'm sure aren't in to watches but would recognise the brands, and pass with a compliment. But if they were to hold one in their hands the strap would give it away immediately. The three I have, have loose links, poor articlation and rough sharp edges. The clasps are a bit iffey too. I have read about the surprising lack of qulity feel of some gen Rolex straps, but I doubt they are quite as tinny feelng. This to me is one area overlooked at the moment.