When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 42mm 5th generation PO question.

correctime

Hey guys:

It's no wonder the 42mm Planet Ocean is so popular. It's simply an awesome piece.

QUESTIONS regarding 42mm PO Franken parts on a 5th generation PO

1- can the gen bezel assembly AND crystal be used together.......

( it seems I've read somewhere that using them both together requires addt'l mods as the crystal will be too tall...for perhaps the rep crystal gasket can be used or correct crystal height without preventing it from still being waterproof.........??

2- can the gen bezel assembly be used with the rep. crystal..... ?

3- will a gen bezel insert fit the rep bezel assembly...........?

If anyone that has done these Frankens mods can shead some info I really appreciate it.

Edited by correctime

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

All fit fine, just use the rep gasket for crystal (afaik the gen gasket works also but haven't tried it)

Also the gen bezel just clicks on, no bother with heights etc, just use the rep bezel click spring, (also I've heard the gen click spring works fine but can't confirm it for certain)

Just to add, when we look at the rep its great but the gen crystal is like nothing comparable, even modders aftermarket AR (which is excellent) and is nicer than the rep AR, but once the gen crystal is on the transparent effect on it just looks fantastic and really make the dial shine, especially now that we have summer on the way it will highlight the effect.

• 2 weeks later...