When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Aquaracer 2000 Chronograph

By-Tor

Joshua has this now:

http://perfect-clones.com/1068-p-2010.html

Looks like the same old quartz rep... or do you think it has been improved any way? At least it doesn't say AUTOMATIC on the dial anymore. I just hope there will be a blue dial version. There IS a genuine version of quartz Aquaracer chrono, but it has different subdial arrangement. The gen version of this particular rep has 7750. Either way... I think must get this one.

136181-18152.jpg

The previous reports of this rep weren't exactly flattering. Some members reported that it was very light and the bracelet had flimsy and cheap feel. I wonder if this is the exact same watch. :g:

It's not particularly accurate, cosmetically or mechanicallly. I respect your judgment of course, but I don't know why you feel this is a must buy in any way. It seems clearly cobbled together to take advantage of the Tag fans created by the vastly superior Link chrono.

Yeah, I know it's not accurate and can't be compared to the Link in that department.

But if it only had decent feel I wouldn't mind wearing it. Unlike many others here I don't always mind wearing "inaccurate" reps if they feel nice and possess quality feel. I have a fixation with this particular model, dunno why, it doesn't always "make sense"... and I've been considering the genuine for ages.

I guess I'll wait another year for the decent version... and buy the gen if it doesn't come out. They can be found at 1K.

:D

Were the carreras created decently? Im thinking of maybe getting a quartz or 21j movement ones.

I picked up one of the quartz chrono Carreras from Niel and it was actually quite stunning. I was sure we'd have seen an asian 7750 based Carrera by now, based on the quality of the quartz one. I wouldn't touch the 21j version though.

Look at how popular the Link has become...possibly one of the most popular reps out now. The Carrera would probably be more so (just in case some watch makers are reading!) :D

I guess the rep makers think that people wouldn't buy reps of watches that aren't super expensive. They're completely wrong. If you look at some of the most popular models of the forum you'll find Omega Seamaster, TAG Link, Breitling Seawolf etc. All can be found at 1K (or possibly even less) preowned. All mid-luxury models from mid-luxury brands.

I agree with you... I'm 100% sure the 7750-based TAG Carrera and Aquaracer 2000 Chronograph would sell. Just like I said for months that SMP Chrono is a 100% sure smash hit. And look what happened!

I also believe a good Zenith rep would sell really well. Like the Rainbow Flyback El Primero. Can you spell "perfection"?

139710-17339.jpg

But if it only had decent feel I wouldn't mind wearing it. Unlike many others here I don't always mind wearing "inaccurate" reps if they feel nice and possess quality feel. I have a fixation with this particular model, dunno why, it doesn't always "make sense"... and I've been considering the genuine for ages.

No, I agree . . . I like my moonwatch rep and my 212 and wear them all the time, even though I know they're not the most cosmetically accurate watches in my collection. But those watches are really nicely made. My point as originally stated is that I don't see the point of "not that nicely made AND not that accurate" reps, like this one.