When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Online Payment

odourboy

I'm curious what all methods of payment are being used for your rep purchases. I refuse to use my regular credit card for these purchases but I've successfully used a Citibank Mastercard with their 'Virtual Account Number' feature which allows me to easily generate a card number specifically for each purchase. Citibank seems to be pretty well the only bank offering this feature. Of course, PayPal is great, but not too many sellers accept it.

I recently ran in to difficulty with a purchase I was trying to charge on my Citibank Mastercard. The rep dealer supposedly accepts MasterCard, but it's not working for me. I don't have a Visa card, but I was thinking of buying a Visa Gift card (in my case, one provide by RBC - Royal Bank of Canada) for this purchase. Any experience using a Visa gift card and in particular, an RBC Visa Giftcard?

I got one today from a large Canadian bank (RBC) and tried it. This particular version is advertised as suitable for most online purchases world-wide and let's you 'register' it so billing data checks will work.

Anyway, the good news is it looks like it worked fine. The payment was accepted by the vendor's third party payment portal and reflected in the remaining card balance shortly afterward.