When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM359 problem

blbl

Hi guys,

So last week I placed an order for the PAM359 from one of the trusted dealers here. Having waited for this watch for a long time, I was naturally very excited to receive it and today it finally came.

I took the watch out and examined it. It was PERFECT exterior wise.....However when I tried to set the date and time, I noticed something wrong about this watch. The date only changes at 6 o'clock instead of 12. Was the movement upside down???

Can anyone advice me what should I do? What seems to be the problem? I have the original wrappers, plastics and everything that came with the watch as I have not even had the chance to wrap the watch around my wrist therefore the strap is 100% free from creases. Should I send it back to the dealer? Have sent them an email today but still waiting for a response. Having read the negative feedback, I am very worried this may turn out to become a few months long issue .............

B

thanks guys! I'm actually located in Melbourne and this being my 2nd rep so far, I haven't got any contacts as to which shops will be willing to work on a rep? Or do they all do reps? Of course I won't approach the gen shops.. lol

:)

Quick update: Sent the watch to a reputable watch smith in Melbourne, will be collecting it on Saturday. So far no reply from dealer yet, surprisingly as during the purchase and payment process it took no longer than a few hours to respond.

This is not the first story of this issue, Ive read at least 3 others when the first 359 from pt came out. simple to fix, but frustrating to have to resolve as it should have been spotted/checked.

They were the only "trusted dealer" selling the 359 otherwise I wouldn't have risked buying anything off Puretime. Read a lot ofiv reviews on their them, some positive but mostly clouded by the negatives now. Totally regretted my impulse purchase, should have waited for other dealers to feel 100% confident of carrying the 359. Well, lesson learnt for me, hope you guys can learn frm my mistake too.

IMHO, it doesn't matter how long have you been dealing, it doesn't matter if your products were up to standard in the past, what matters is whether can you keep the quality AND SERVICE consistent. In this market where most of them are selling identicle products coming from same factories with very similar pricings, there's only 1 thing that differentiates them, CUSTOMER SERVICE. PT has totally flipped on this area, it seems like they can't be bothered about customer loyalty. Sure, Nikki responds real fast during puchase process right up to the day your $$$ is in their bank. After which, if you have any problems with the merchandise and try to contact them - tough luck. I'll take my chances to the slot machine, bet I'll make a billion before I get any replies from them.

In case some of you might say, oh yeah they've lots of customers and they don't dedicate their business to serving me only therefore they're busy etc etc etc.... I've had a friend who has been in contact with them with his purchase and they respond perfectly. Anyway, just a heads up for any of you who might want to take your chances, I highly recommend reading the dealer review section deeper and not just selecting the Good reviews you'd like to read just to make yourself feel better. Sometimes, its often the bad reviews that count.

Cheers

I've got the watch back from the watch smith and when I was at his shop, did a few test runs to see if the date changes at 12. It didnt. It changed at 2 instead and the watch smith himself was quite shocked as he had tested the watch the day before I came to collect it. Anyways, he spent another 45mins or so re-doing it and we got it tested together. It finally worked fine, date changed at 12.

However, when I got home that night, I noticed that the date only changed at 12.50. I tried it 3 times and it is now confirmed that the date changes at 12.50.

Could anyone give me any advise on what could be the case here? The time of date change keeps varying. Im thinking maybe the best option will be to send the watch back to the dealer