When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best OOB SA, SOSF, or BB you can buy now?

ninjagaiden

Folks,

I'd love to get a Breitling as my second ot third rep watch (A PAM 286J is the main competition for second place), and I am after one that has the stealthy look of a SA, SOSF or the Blackbird in stainless steel (not PVD), SS bracelet and a black dial.

I have looked over By-tor's excellent review but I realise that the reviews and images relate to previous generation reps which you can't get anymore. I think the best example currently available from Josh is this SOSF, because of the Lume and double AR

http://www.1-pc8838.com/bl02004-superocean-steelfish-black-swiss-28362-p-2603.html

I would *Love* to have a blackbird, if only to travel three miles down the road and take a wrist shot of it in front of a real SR71A Blackbird, but sadly I don't think it is as good a rep.

I would go with a SA if it was a *much* better rep than the others but I am wary of the 48mm case size on my wrist : the size makes it look too blingy!

Also what is the PVD like on these Breitling reps? Josh has some on his site and the pics don't look very uniform in terms of colour / coverage. I used to own a Lum-Tec Bull 45 watch and the PVD on that was really nice and inky black.

Would appreciate your thoughts

N

its polished but you could go either way. it looks real good next to the gen in the window of my tourneau. I like it enough that I have been considering another one for some time now. it is more exclusive then most other rep breitlings mostly because for its price you would expect a 1:1 but thats not the case here. but like I said the only real problem is the caseback with the newer models is wrong. also if your a bb expert there is a tick missing on the left subdial but most wouldnt notice it.

IMG_0112.jpg

Edited by Luv2Watch

Guys

After some thought I have decided I am going to get a Blackbird. I prefer the 2008 style brushed SS case

http://www.1-pc8838.com/bl00102-blackbird-date-black-asia-7750-running-sec300-p-3889.html

but I am absolutely torn between the SS bracelet and the lovely leather strap version

http://www.1-pc8838.com/bl00101-blackbird-date-black-asia-7750-running-sec300-p-3443.html

So I emailed Josh to ask for a price with both straps.

Before I buy the trigger, are there any reasons why I would be *much* better off getting the 2009 or the 2010 model of this watch. I'm not fussed about the case back, or a few extra marking on the subdials...

Thanks

N

• 2 weeks later...

You were right on that one. I ordered the brushed caseset and Josh said when he got it in he was not prepared to send it out. So instead he's sent out the polished caseset. QC pics look great - pearl is spot on and the AR looks nice and strong. I am getting the leather strap as well.

So the delivery guy brought a nice parcel just as I was getting set to head out to work. I unboxed my BB with bracelet and leather strap just to check everything looks okay. Caseset and bracelet look really good. Pearl placement and AR look good. Lume on hands and subhands is strong, not sure about hour markings. Left this and the (very nice) BR02 in the winder and headed off to work. Will takes some pics this evening.

• 2 weeks later...