When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

quartz rep for working out

urbanshogun

Hey guys the other day I was playing football (soccer for our trans-atlantic cousins), with a 7750 rep. The rotor came loose. I had to open the back and reattach the rotor.

I'm looking for a quartz rep (cheap, reliable, comfortable) to wear in the gym and to time matches and workouts. Ideally the gen will be quartz too ( I know it's a big ask). Should have a bezel or chrono function to time workouts/games.

WatchEden has a lot of quartz reps, but I feel that most of the reps with chronograph function are plagued by poor sub dial placement so whats the point? The rep of the Tudor Heritage is pretty good from reviews though, and next time I come up with some extra cash I think I might purchase one to compare to my gen.

There are some decent homages out there as well, for under $100:

Parnis Chronograph (Looks like, I think, a Carerra homage?)

sp-c-ws-s-f-1.jpg

Rotary Chronospeed (Navitimer homage)

9983_3.JPG

I would definitely suggest the Tudor Heritage, it has both a stopwatch function and a rotating bezel for other timing operations :) Not exactly 'cheap' (depending on your budget) If you want really cheap, I would suggest a plastic submariner homage :) Cheap as chips, modable with a branded dial if you fancy a chuckle, probably water resistant, and pretty much disposable should it malfunction :good:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I thought the heritage only came in automatic? If that's the case then I don't think it's for me; I already have an auto chrono in my skyland.

I already have a couple of quartz 'fashion' watches, that have leather bands. So even though I love the navitimer I wouldn't buy it. I'm actually also saving wherever I can for a sinn automatic that looks a lot like a navitimer.

Having said that, what about the chronomatic navitimer? The one with 2 panda subdials.

Anything other then a G-Shock would be silly. I assume you are going to go to the gym to work out and not try to pick up, so a G-Shock would be it. I bought mine specifically for the gym, or playing sports, or any rough activities. I wouldn't want to waste money on a fancy rep watch that will not keep up to a good beating.

Leather or SS strap is not really practical for a workout watch. I've got a Victorinox Swiss Army quartz with rubber strap that I use for sports. Practical, reliable and pretty cheap. It along the lines of this (I don;t have a picture of my particular watch and I think it's out of production):

post-37252-0-39491700-1315401606.jpg

I thought the heritage only came in automatic? If that's the case then I don't think it's for me; I already have an auto chrono in my skyland.

Yes, the gen heritage is automatic but the rep is quartz. However, I own a gen Heritage and from photos, it looks to me like a great rep. With WatchEden's discount right now you could pick one up for about $70 and slap it on a NATO for the gym. Although it is a little heavy. Only BIG tell on the watch seems to be the date placement, although the subdials are changed as well.

As for leather, easy peasy... stick it on a rubber, tropic, or nato strap.

I can't get into the style of the g-shock. How about a suunto or something like that? More streamlined.

I should have clarified; I go to the gym on monday, wednesday and friday early in the morning, and then go straight to university for the whole day from there. Often I end up going out with friends after university, and I don't return home until the morning!

so I wanted a rep that was tough enough for the gym, but also looks very nice for the rest of the day and night.

I already have a g shock in the stable, a passarella death squad limited edition. It hardly sees my wrist because the way the rubber sits hurts my wrist :(