When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM accuracy

PPN

Hey guys, I recently ordered a PAM328 with 7750 movement. The QC calibration came back with an accuracy of +20s/d. That seems high to me, even for a rep. But I thought I'd check here.

What do you think?

i think about it as "How many days will I have to adjust the minute hand"

If it's a watch you plan on wearing everyday then and adjustment every 3 days to me is too much.

I'm okay with an adjustment once a week usually because I rarely wear a watch that often as I usually change the rotation sooner.

i think about it as "How many days will I have to adjust the minute hand"

If it's a watch you plan on wearing everyday then and adjustment every 3 days to me is too much.

I'm okay with an adjustment once a week usually because I rarely wear a watch that often as I usually change the rotation sooner.

Thanks - I know what you mean, and I actually agree.

But at the same time, I think the QC specs are there for a reason, and the movement should be consistent to them.

Does anyone know what is the acceptable accuracy tolerance for a 7750 movement?

Since you are going to have to have this serviced anyway, why not let an expert calibrate it after the service, and stop messing around with a dealer "qc check".

I'd stop regulating it when I got to +3 seconds a day.

+3s/d would be pretty ambitious, wouldn't it? I mean, I'd be happy with anything under 10. I'm not sure if A7750 movements are designed to be able to reach those accuracies.

+/- 6 secs /day will work for me. rather than have it shipped back, have an expert calibrate it locally.

will it be in rotation with your other watches?

Yup, most probably it will be in rotation. But sometimes I do go on trips and need the watch to be able to perform for a week consistently.

On average a movement is considered accurate if at 24 hours has a variance between + / - 7 sec and + / - 4 seconds. A chronograph if has a variance between + / - 15 sec and + / - 7 seconds.

Good info, thanks.

I am unstoppable when comes to regulation of my reps :) Usually, i stop regulating when:

- it slows/advances 1-2 secs a day and...

- i found special way of placement the watch for the night (i.e. dial down) when it does opposite to the day's inaccuracy.

This way I can narrow inaccuracy down to +/- 3 secs a week.

For regulation pursposes I use Kello APP from AppStore (iPhone)

I seriously start regulating the watch after min. 6 weeks of constant use - after "break in" period.

+3s/d would be pretty ambitious, wouldn't it? I mean, I'd be happy with anything under 10. I'm not sure if A7750 movements are designed to be able to reach those accuracies.

I use Kello app for the ipad, and regulate it electronically. My Fiddy is stunningly accurate (+3 sec) .. you probably should not ask a forum watchsmith to make sure they regulate your watch to +/- 3 seconds, since it will only anger them

:blowup::nerd:

Your Mileage May Vary

I use Kello app for the ipad, and regulate it electronically. My Fiddy is stunningly accurate (+3 sec) .. you probably should not ask a forum watchsmith to make sure they regulate your watch to +/- 3 seconds, since it will only anger them

:blowup::nerd:

What mic are you using? I would like to try this with my i4.

Thanks,

Jim

Your Mileage May Vary

I originally used the standard mic on the headsets BUT found that it was only strong enough to reliably detect the loudest of my movements .. A25J, A6497, etc .. so I bought this great little condenser mic for around $20 on sale ..

NewEgg.com microphone

Just to maintain reality, this is not the same as buying a Time-grapher .. KELLO is notoriously twitchy and the author only updates it twice a year, so far. I pull the case back off the watch, and place the mic right next to the balance assembly.

blowup.gifnerd.gif

Your Mileage May Vary

I am unstoppable when comes to regulation of my reps smile.gif Usually, i stop regulating when:

- it slows/advances 1-2 secs a day and...

- i found special way of placement the watch for the night (i.e. dial down) when it does opposite to the day's inaccuracy.

This way I can narrow inaccuracy down to +/- 3 secs a week.

For regulation pursposes I use Kello APP from AppStore (iPhone)

I seriously start regulating the watch after min. 6 weeks of constant use - after "break in" period.

I've never heard of Kello. I think I'll need to go check it out now!

I originally used the standard mic on the headsets BUT found that it was only strong enough to reliably detect the loudest of my movements .. A25J, A6497, etc .. so I bought this great little condenser mic for around $20 on sale ..

NewEgg.com microphone

Just to maintain reality, this is not the same as buying a Time-grapher .. KELLO is notoriously twitchy and the author only updates it twice a year, so far. I pull the case back off the watch, and place the mic right next to the balance assembly.

Interesting. This is all new to me - fun fun!